Home made fishtank

malawiman

Hi all

I've build this tank and thought I would share it with you. I got the glass cut at the local shop and assembled it. Hope it will work, made small ones before without problems. If anyone makes tanks I can use some input with finishing off. Tank is 1400x500x450.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k61/m ... 0_0244.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k61/m ... 0_0245.jpg

Cheers

looks good but is it worth the hassle and risk? how much are the Glass

Yea i agree with you there. I wouldnt bother making a tank over 2-3 foot, and i would only make one of them if i had the glass hanging around...

Much easier and safer to get greg to make it :lol:

I have made a 3 foot tank before with my mate, and that is still running, but i personally wouldnt go any bigger... Smaller tanks are easy to make, and i usually have the glass just sitting around anyways

:)

It is only a matter of personal preference but I put the top straps right around and about 10 mm down from the top then use a polycarb lid as it does less damage if you drop it and the lid fits flush with the top. I also leave a small gap between the back and end straps to allow access for air hoses / wires etc. Only personal preference, great tank. Try putting mirrors around the back and ends and then put in lots of plants---it will look like the botanical gardens.

big hardware stores like "mitre 10" or plastic places like "payless plastics"

Go to Plaster Systems for big sheets - as they use them on Insulclad homes. Payless and Plastic box generally only have the 100mm Thick or thicker sheets (I went in to local ones a few weeks back).

oh shush you :lol: just cause you live in a country that always seems to want to fry its occupants with heat :lol:

i was reading about some aussies that dont even have to heat their tap water in summer cause it comes out so warm :o definatly a good power bill saver if you hardly ever have to use heaters :lol: