Amazing!!

Jacko

:D

A video that most have seen but I'm always keen to push to Cehalopd side of things...

There is surprisingly little octopus/cephalopod footage around, I would have thought they would make an interesting documantary but I've never seen one. There was a series called "The hunt for Architeuthis" on Discovery channel that followed Auckland Universitys Steve O'Shea trawling and trying to catch tiny ones and grow them. He caught 17 but they all died. He's perfected his technique on common squid that used to be available from live feed on "squid cam" but it seems to be down at the moment.

I just read that a group of divers managed to attatch a camera with lights onto a Humbolt squid, and it took the camera down to 1000ft. They also managed to insert a endscopic camera into another animals circulation system, apparently you can see the blue blood gushing around,

pretty cool! Apparently its gonna be on the history channel in june next year.

Due to the uncertanties of what I'm doing next year I'm not seting up my octopus tank, I might have to sell the tank and stand but I'll keep my chiller and skimmer etc so I can when I get myself sorted. I'll be getting my homemade live rock back from the sea soon for those who are interested, its been nearly a year and I'm really wanting to see how well it went!

8)

I think that video was sensationalised a bit! - If he was in that much serious danger his buddy would have stopped filming and helped him out!!

I read a report on that attack and the guy said he swam infront of the octopus to block its path of escape from its den(which you can see very breifly at the start; it's in open water) and that it was his fault.

For those of you who ever get attacked by an octopus, if you can flip their head upside-down they will release you. :lol: