Western Bay Aquarium and Pond Society - Peter Cottle

sharronpaul

Just like to announce the next meeting of the Western Bay club.

This time we have a superb guest speaker, Peter Cottle.

Peter Cottle travels the world and catches live fish, you can see an article by him in your latest Aquarium World on danios. Peter will be doing a presentation with around 120 pictures on his latest trip. Peter is one of those once in a lifetime opportunity speakers.

The meeting is on Saturday 28th October, 3pm, at City Church Tauranga, 252 Otumoetai Rd, Tauranga.

All welcome - no entry charge but a gold coin donation towards Peters costs would be appreciated I'm sure. Carpool and make the trip!

Shared dinner to follow, consisting of Dominos Pizza, which will cost $5 per head.

Great Opportunity - don't miss it!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's having tea with us on Monday 23rd (Labour Day) billaney so if you have gathered up all your prizes etc from the Fish Show you could pop over here - we are much closer.

Peter is going to show me his pics so we can probably watch them on the big screen :wink:

He's having tea with us on Monday 23rd (Labour Day) billaney so if you have gathered up all your prizes etc from the Fish Show you could pop over here - we are much closer.

Peter is going to show me his pics so we can probably watch them on the big screen :wink:

Thanks Caryl , i'll let you know , not sure whats happening yet :D

Below is most of an email sharon and paul sent out to all club members regarding the meeting. I have edited it so you get all the necessary info of whats going to happen....

Hi Guys,

This is what's organised so far.

Venue is at city church tauranga, 252 otumoetai road. There are two halls, we're in the smaller one, furthest from the road.

We have a projector, laptop, sound system, etc.

Jane is bringing some orange juice. There are tea and coffee facilities available, and indeed an entire kitchen should we require it.

The plan is to get started at 3pm with doors open around 2.30, and sort out a dinner of pizzas later on, asking for $5 a head from people who would like to join in.

A gold coin donation will be taken at the door, to help with peter's costs

Sharon and paul have donated this months raffle prize. So far we have a 150w heater, 500l/h aqua one filter, digital thermometer, and probably some food. If anybody else would like to donate something,tickets at $1 each, cos it's probably worth maybe $80-$100 as it sits now. Should be a good fundraiser for the club.

Sharn, a big Thank You, it's your efforts that got the ball rolling in the first place. If you hadn't put the time in then, we wouldn't be where we are now.

If anybody can think of anything else we need to do, or has any comments or suggestions, sing out.

This is a great opportunity for the club to expand it's presence in the BOP and get more fishy people along.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Ok , I've decided to make the trip, its a long drive but i really want to meet Peter and hear him talk, and also a good chance to meet new fishy people , if i get there early is there a local shop to look at and can someone please give me directions to the meeting room.

Thanks

Paul

Peter Cottle just read this thread tonight at my place - and is astounded at the interest and the distance some seem willing to travel. He hopes nobody is disappointed! :D

We say his Powerpoint presentation tonight and I am sure you will find it as interesting as we did. You will also like meeting Peter and his wife Sheila. :wink:

I will be contacting waikato members in the next couple of days tosee who is coming over. Asi said in previouspost i have met peterand he is a very knowledgable hobbyist so lets make the most of this unqine oppinutinity

OK... I will be going down.

I will be bringing the Kiwi Juice

at the moment I haven't heard of any other aucklanders wanting to go down. more than likely will have 2 kids in tow. (unless I can palm them off to some relles :roll: