hello guys

NoToRiOuS

hi there this my 1st post gota say this site is absolutely awesome so much info here and the fish tanks iv seen look really nice.well this is my tank no whre near as nice as the ones iv seen here but i like it haha my attempt at trying to plant a tank and thats my arowana and my 3 little 2 inch oscars i just brought but damm shud of done more reading befroe i brought them cos soon il have to buy a bigger tank for them all my arowana is getn really big to and i cant afford to buy another tank yet and have no room where im staying now :cry:<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img22.imagevenue.com/loc523/th_49711_DSC00053_122_523lo.JPG' alt='th_49711_DSC00053_122_523lo.JPG'>

welcome NoToRiOuS

cool looking tank u got there. yeah ur goin to need alot bigger tank with them 3 :lol:, what is the size of the tank their in now?

yea its a 36'x18'x18

ya i know Caryl i really wanted to put discus in there but i got the arowana as a birthday present maybe il have to give them all away if they get to big for the tank :cry: cos cant afford the bigger tank and have no room so guttered :cry:

welcome notorious *waves*

sadly caryl is right, O's need at least a 4foot x 16" tank and cause of the potential size of aros they need a tank at least 2.5 feet wide *drools at such a large tank and fish* :lol:

i say ditch the couch, bed and dining room furnature! you can always get the top half of a bunk and put a tank under there and cushions do great for lounge suites. once youve sold that gear youll be able to afford a few tanks :D :lol:

remember discus need 40L each miniumum :wink:

WAHOO! Another Aro Lover! Hehehe!

Hi there and WELCOME to our Forums!

(I wont say ya need a bigger tank, as everyone has already stated that!) :roll:

Hope you have fun here, anyfing we can help wif juss ask, always willing to help! :-)

yea i think il just have to sell them all or trade them and just get me 4 discus and some cardinals :roll: any1 want them?? :bounce:

Squish 'em in an envelope, they will fit! Haha! :lol:

Nah, Polybox, bags, water, packing and heatpacks, easy as, if ya need help, Im happy to do so.

Most the time yur LFS will help also.

Most of them have spare (free) poly boxes, bags and heatpacks.

lol u reply quik :D i stuck them in the private trade and exchange i shuda just got discus to start with save me all this hassle u like cars to nice

i would aim for 6+ discus as any less seem to have a fair amount of in-fighting unless you have bonded pairs together. i got told this when i first started but decided to see how i went (and budget wasnt permitting), i had 5 at one point and still found the dominating fish would make the other fishes lives a little uncomfortable. i have 7 now and all is well- even got a pair out of them, one or two fish can really make a difference. discus love the bigger groups and they are definatly more comfortable and outgoing.

also remember the rule of 40L per adult discus, it might seem alot but when you see a 15-16cm flat tall fish you can see why :lol:

i wish you the best of luck with rehoming (or getting larger tanks) with your fish and if you like you can PM me and i can put you onto a great discus breeder, getting good quality fish for your first lot makes all the difference :D

Hehehe! Fankies.

Im on all the time, helping people mainly throu PM (they PM me) and I love to help where I can! :-)

I might be interested in Aro, but not Oscars at the mo, I dun have the right tanks for Oscars as of yet.

hey have to say sorry but i found my aro a home for the mean time its gona go into my cousins 6ft tank then when i can afford to get a 8 footer im gona take him/her back mite have to sell the bike :cry: but gona try and save for one sorry MysticVampyre.

i would aim for 6+ discus as any less seem to have a fair amount of in-fighting unless you have bonded pairs together. i got told this when i first started but decided to see how i went (and budget wasnt permitting), i had 5 at one point and still found the dominating fish would make the other fishes lives a little uncomfortable. i have 7 now and all is well- even got a pair out of them, one or two fish can really make a difference. discus love the bigger groups and they are definatly more comfortable and outgoing.

also remember the rule of 40L per adult discus, it might seem alot but when you see a 15-16cm flat tall fish you can see why :lol:

i wish you the best of luck with rehoming (or getting larger tanks) with your fish and if you like you can PM me and i can put you onto a great discus breeder, getting good quality fish for your first lot makes all the difference :D

hey thank you sharn for all this info you've given me.hmmm so would u get discus for a 200 litre tank it seems like the fish i want i cant have cause my tanks to small damm :oops: and yes when i get them i will definately pm you to get some discus thanks heaps now gota find a home for the oscars :bounce:

and heres the man himself :lol:

200L is totally fine for discus (i have a 220L for mine), go BB if you can and dont mind the look (potted plants can help make it look nicer) as that will give you more le-way with stocking and will help keep their water cleaner :wink:

went to Ronnies place today and oh man hes the got best discus out i got 6 of them and im already attached to them all lol.He had so many nice discus and so many strains it was awesome goin there even to just look at them all i posted my pics in the cichlid section in the thread photos of your discus but i wana put them here to lol cause there so nice<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://img102.imagevenue.com/loc554/th_91728_DSC00076_122_554lo.JPG' alt='th_91728_DSC00076_122_554lo.JPG'>th_91728_DSC00075_122_563lo.JPGth_91729_DSC00074_122_576lo.JPGth_91862_DSC00072_122_349lo.JPG

th_91863_DSC00071_122_554lo.JPG