Spawning Gouramis

djay

I have 2 ggs 2 bgs and 3 pgs what I noticed the other morning was the golden male caressing the blue female, I was wondering what will actually happen there would he have fertilized her eggs or will they be Blue gourami fry. I'm getting another tank up and running as he is really territorial and he needs more space so will move the others out.

If any one can help me with this would be great.

Dianne

I know ggs is golden gouramis, bgs is blue gouramis but unsure of the other maybe pgs stands for purple gouramis (if they exist).

Sorry I can't help you Djay, I haven't specialized in gouramis :(

Good Luck :wink:

Hi all

just looking at a "Very Old" text...apparently (Quote: The Golden Gourami is a colour morph of the "Three Spot Gourami", Tichogaster trichopterus.).

From what I understand; :roll: All colour variations ,e.g. Crosby, Opaline, Golden, and all colours in between are colour morphs of the "Three Spot Gourami" / Blue Gourami. :oops:

The "Crosby" was developed and the colour fixed in America, whilst the "Golden" was developed and the colour fixed in the Czechoslovakian Republic.

I'm only writing what's written as I ain't gonna reinvent the wheel. :wink:

:bow:

Hahaha

I dont think his name was "Bing" though, and that bloke "Bill" (ouh Lord) was COSBY, so it weren't him either. :oops:

In fact there was no mention of his christian name in the text, but for want of a name you could call him Bill. 8)

That would fit because I believe that every Tom, Dick and Harry is Named Bill. :wink:

My attempt at a bit of humour to lighten up the end of the week.

Cheers

Errol