Killies from Jaffatown

alanmin4304

Yep, Wok is a great NZKA ambassador. Good one Wok.

So Alan it looks like you may have my line heading south, good one.

At least I think they are.

I'm going up Auck way next week.

So depending on time will depend on the sight-seeing.

Don't forget to make sure that the tank they are goinhg into is "jump-proof", Wok says his fish don't jump, but maybe they'll change their mind in your tank.

Even the smallest gaps they can get thru, so be careful!!

Alan 104

I have just built a four foot/six section tank with a lid that iss killiproof. It is my first time heating with a pad under the tank and if the water levels are the same, the middle four tanks are the same and the end ones about a degree less, so it is working out well so far. Now have gardneri yellow and albino and australe choc and gold and all looking good. Now after bitaneatum and that could be me for a while. These chocs are about ten times better than what was around 25 - 30 years ago, so I am keen to get them breeding very soon.

Can killies go with angelfish? After losing all the eggs that were sent to me even with all the care and best conditions possible they all died off not long after hatching so I thought I would try a trio of adults and start there but the only tank that I have for them are with the angels.

cheers

I wouldn't put them in with angels - I listed two ugly yuk angels on trademe (got them with a tank I brought) so put them into a 100ltr planted tank for the night before the new owner came to pick them up and they killed/ate my only 4 killies :cry:

Talk about gutted :evil:

hmmmm well the only other tanks I have are guppies & swords, bettas & mollies, mollies & platys & bettas, fry tank, divided betta tank with two breeding males. Could they go in any of them?

apart from that I have nothing available so I guess I will have to once again wait. Will wait till we move house (once we buy one) and set up more tanks :D

Cheers for the info though. The angels are bigish and have breed for me once since I got them a month ago.

hmm interesting. Suppose I have super guppies or defecitve killies. The killies I was given, by a friend that was leaving town, are in with guppies, platties, swords, danios, apistogramas, blue rams, a red tailed shark, cories, bristle noses and I think that's it. I've seen the killies breeding very happily and the cories and other bottom dwellers enjoying munching on the eggs. I must see about moving the killies so the can breed, at least once, without loosing the eggs.