September 30, 200620 yr comment_123556 Sweet, you sold your breeders though didn't you rcon? We got some too but I think I screwed up the sexing and one of the girls turned into a male so was hunting for a female saw one holding in a petshop so got her.. So maybe when shes recovered and conditioned they may breed for us. Report
September 30, 200620 yr comment_123561 yea i did. When i see a fish i like i breed them for a bit and then sell them. I get the thrill out of breeding stuff, but not having all the breeders...I don't have the MTS yet.. Report
October 1, 200620 yr Author comment_123676 cool thanxs guys just got a female and got 7 fry not many but the broods why get bigger and bigger as she get bigger i sapose:-) Report
October 2, 200620 yr comment_123952 The tiny female we got held 13 but spat them in the bag on the way home Report
October 2, 200620 yr comment_123956 i had 4 females and one lonely but happy male. Biggest spawn was 22 from one female Report
October 2, 200620 yr comment_123988 i have 1m 3f. Planning to grow them up a bit then maybe put them in the new 750litre tank for breeding Report
October 2, 200620 yr comment_123993 I have 4F and 2m. they breed so much now i feed the fry to my peacocks. The same with the jag fry. Great protein for conditioning Report
October 3, 200620 yr comment_124039 Being new on the cichlid front - I've just googled them and they sound like great fish - if you are selling them, and keeping a list from this posting .... I'd be keen for some fry too.... Report
October 3, 200620 yr comment_124044 remember how there was a thread about who was breeding what..yea i put them on that. Anyhow i will keep you guys posted when i have interesting stuff breeding Report
October 3, 200620 yr comment_124064 Actually I remember I think Rcon was selling his 4 adults and some fry on trademe from memory they went cheap and I was trying to convince the misses :oops: Report
October 11, 200619 yr comment_125538 I have a female holding at the moment and also have some fry.. Mekhaela Report
November 17, 200619 yr comment_131163 Just thought id bring up a old thread stripped my female yesterday and got between 20 to 30 fry Report
November 17, 200619 yr comment_131168 Thanks, so if anyone is interested nin buying some fry off me just send me a PM. Im going away on holiday soon so wont be able to care for any fry. Report
November 17, 200619 yr comment_131171 Probably not keen on shipping sorry, but maybe you know a fishy person up in aucks that will pick them up from me and ship to you? Got aroun 30 of them Report
November 17, 200619 yr comment_131172 I am currently raising up some Lithobates fry from my girls at the moment, totally easy raising and they have grown like weeds... Hardy little blighters, well they are Africans of course :lol: :lol: Report
November 17, 200619 yr comment_131173 I would keep them if i could, but considering the circumstances that im going away, none would survive by the time i get back! Id rather sell them so someone who can look after them well Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.