September 22, 200620 yr comment_122433 Hi all, Just a few words by way of introduction. I have recently revived an old hobby, which has developed into a bit of an obsession in the last few months, no prizes for guessing though, "Tropical Fish" Started with a small tank and a couple of guppies, and now have three community tanks, a fourth cycling as we speak, and an empty wallet! I have been perusing this sight for the last few weeks, and have been thoroughly impressed by the friendly and helpful attitude of the members. I hope to learn a great deal, as well as pass on anything of use that I have picked up from my dealings with a couple of professionals that I am acquainted with. Report
September 22, 200620 yr comment_122434 Hello snowkiwi and welcome. We have others in here from your neck of the woods too. Perhaps it is time to get a club going in Whangarei! Report
September 22, 200620 yr comment_122436 Welcome along This site is great and extremely helpful :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Report
September 22, 200620 yr comment_122444 Welcome, great to have another member from Northland. I'm up in Mangonui. What kind of fish do you have? Which one is your favourite petshop in Whangarei? Report
September 22, 200620 yr comment_122456 Hi snowkiwi, welcome & good to see another northlander. Report
September 23, 200620 yr comment_122545 Hello SnowKiwi and welcome. Guppies are addictive, huh? :bounce: Report
September 23, 200620 yr comment_122557 Welcome along! What are you keeping apart from guppies? MCT Report
September 23, 200620 yr Author comment_122629 Thanks for the warm welcome, some answers to your questions: 1) I like to have community tanks, but recently am changing things around a bit, i.e. All sex mad guppies in one tank! I have the following: Guppies, four types of tetra, Mollies, Angels, Penguins, Golden Algae eater, Flying Fox, Peppered corys, Male and Female Fighter, Green Algae eater, Red tailed shark, Swordies, Platys, High fin platys, and whatever else I may have missed! 2) My favourite Pet Shop is the Whangarei Aquarium Centre in Cameron Street. 3) A club in Whangarei would be a good idea, if we can get an idea of numbers in the area, people like Northland chic, might not want to travel from Mangonui though! Report
September 23, 200620 yr comment_122637 Hi and welcome. We seem to have lots of members from above Auckland now Cheers Jude Report
September 24, 200620 yr comment_122781 Whangarei Aquarium Centre in Cameron Street is definitly the best they have helped me out heaps. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.