Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Salties

Featured Replies

Nice to see a lot of new people starting up in marine!

Welcome aboard, all the best with this fascinating hobby! :D

would be interesting to know how many serious reefers are out there now. reef has made guesstimates, however there would be many who keep quiet :D

im fairly sure there would be a heap more people with reef tanks that dont use this forum, it took me 2 years before i used this forum.

i also know of 6 tanks in hamilton that the owners are not even regestered on here.

Well I can say that I am new but I don't have a reef as such (not the size you guys own anyway) but I am very pleased with my 7g nano and can't wait to get some other things in there.

:bounce:

Don't worry penejane you'll have a huge reef soon enough :lol: :lol:

JDM have you seen their tanks? Would be keen to see some other nice tanks in Hamilton

Thanks Wasp,

thats what I need right now,

Drilling holes in tanks, stripping cabinets, putting holes through walls...

Buying expensive skimmers, omg the lights as well ... damn then a stream or two.

Without some local support it just wont work.

So thanks for all the good advice... all of you :D sounds mushy but true.

Chrs

pics in a month or so...

JDM have you seen their tanks? Would be keen to see some other nice tanks in Hamilton

i have seen 3 of the tanks, one is very nice, one is still in its eairly days and the other is my mums tank that was my frist tank, that one i look after and is going very well. the other 3 are people i have met and one i introduced into the hobbie, i havnt had spare time to go see there tanks although i will be trying to make time in the near future, (somthing like coming to see your tank kp)

All dirty and algae infested at the moment, hopefully will clean itself up in the next few months as it matures.

I just got my tank drilled and the overflow sorted, but I dunno what I'm gonna do next year so am unsure whether I want to set it up hmmm.

My live rock has been sitting in the ocean since November last year haha!! So it should be pretty damn live. :D

i'm looking at starting up a reef tank soon... just aquiring all the necessaties at the mo. i just got a 3ft tank with an overflow, and another 3 ft tank i want to modify into a sump. just waiting on my friend to tell me how much she can get some MH lights for, then i'll look at skimmers. :D

Hey Feelers are you still going to go the octopus cold water marine way?

your rock should have al sorts of goodies in it make sure you post what your up too as i want to do something similer in the future.

Yep thats still the plan, man has it been a long time in the making!

I have everything I need, I really want to see how my DIY rock went as well, only problem is I have to see if I remember where I put everything...

I got an awesome deal on a chiller, so my setup should be pretty sweet given the cost. I think I'll have to sell everything up though as I'll probably move somewehere else next year, but I could still just set things up for the hell of it! :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.