Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golden Apple snails

Featured Replies

I have had 3 sets of eggs from my 2 golden apple snails but i have had none hatch, if I have 2 girls will they still be laying and just not fertilized?

Any help would be great.

  • Author

Thanks for the link :D

They are bright red just like all the others I have seen, the first lot were laid 4 weeks ago, then again 2 weeks ago and then again last weekend. Nothing happens and I accidently squished one pulling it off after it being there for three weeks and it has guey red stuff inside.......YUK :o

  • Author

I learnt alot about the snails from the site but not about if there is no male present what happens??? I will keep looking.....

thanks heaps

um my breeding ones r abiut 5cm on their bottom if that makes sence.

that site etells u how to sex them but ive never tried

watch the snails, cause if you have a pair, and they breed - the female and male will join and stay together for approx 1-2 days then the eggs will be laid.

  • Author

Well they do that, they stick themselves together and I have seen it quite a few times, but I am unsure how long they do it for as they are in a tank with lots and lots of rocks and driftwood. I have seen them together for at least 2 or 3 hours but I have not really taken to much notice so could be longer :-? :-?

Hi Tammy,

You should wait a while longer, it took my snail eggs 5 to 6 weeks to hatch during winter, must be the cold. Normally they would hatch 3 weeks.

cesarz

  • Author

Oh opps :oops: thanks for that cesarz!!! I didn't realise it even took 3weeks :oops: Fingers crossed they hatch at some stage then.....

You just saved the remaining two cutches of eggs life :bow:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.