arowana forum

evil_elmo

hay dont get me rong i feed him pettets as well but at 50$ for 250g bag i bont mind spending a couple of hours a month catching wild guppys(gambiza) :D . candy my arros in tank with 3 larg silver dallars, a 40cm pleco, a 12cm fetherfin catfish, and a 12cm ceveren. me little jardini is with giant gourami(juvnile) and a few others :D

"big is good"

hay mystic i wondered that but all good so far wild aquera life friveing . a freind of mine useto feed his giant gourami them for about 5 years up untill he sold it. he was the one how put me onto them . im more worried about getting another bung fish from a searten pet shop in my aera. so a slit case of the gill floucks once in a wile not so bad.lol (sory about the spelling. :D

sas we have done a bit of resurch in to the jardini and most people say that once they hit the 8" mark they become very agressive and have killed other big fish..thats why we are not take the chance and putting him in a tank of his own... so just letting u know to keep a close eye on ur fishy :)

if u want to feed live fish wy dont u start breeding guppys :)

hay mistic its my big silver that i feed gups to and he/she is quite tollerent it lets me pat it although when im feeding it i still gotta move my hand fearly fast when it takes a bite at the ox heart tha it gets feed with the pellits:lol got any pics of yours on the net wouldnt mind a look if so

Ah okies, well keep feeding as much as poss by hand, that will keep him friendly!

It might help get it used to your hand being in the tank, but don't think the fish will be able to distinguis between your finger and the piece of shrimp when its hungry!! [speaking from first-hand experience here...]

My aro only got my finger once, but my fire eel bit me on a more regular basis (due to me hand-feeding it daily so the aro and other fish didnt get his food). The first time I pulled my hand away so fast it pulled him out of the water and onto the floor some 5' down! After squirming around the carpet for a minute while I found a towel to pick him up with (remember they're called Spiney Eels for a reason!) he went straight back into the tank, seemingly no worse for wear...

if u feed them lots and offten they grow fast :). ours never bit our fingers and after a wile he lernt to come out and eat with the rest of the fish.

one very important thin is make sure there are no sharp wood or rocks or anything the fish can cut its self on and make sure he is not hiding old food in his cave...

My old one (as mentioned above) was around 14" when I sold it, and big enough to swallow a whole cube of bloodworms (like the big cubes that come individually packaged, not the small thin ones you break apart). The one I have now with my dat and bichir is around 15cm long and still a little on the skinny side, altho he loves shrimp and seems to be getting a bit bulkier now.

Definately one of my favorite fish, and I've never had a problem with them escaping despire people saying they'll find their way out of any slamm hole....

• 1 month later...