arowana forum

evil_elmo

thanks for the sites Mystic, i've got abit of reading to catch up on in the next couple of days

i've always love an aro but never got one, i've been a discus man for awhile now but went to a LFS today and saw him in the tank, my eyes lit up and my gf knew it was something i really wanted.

Then i remembered i leaved my cellphone in the car so i went out to get it and by the time i came back in she had already paid for it and told me to watch it get bagged up (early bday present she said) :D

i got it home and only tank i can put him in is my 3ft grow out tank for my discus. All my other tanks just didnt suit him but i'm looking for a 6ft tank to house him later...he is about 20cm at the moment

DSC01569.jpg

such a cool fish and it swims around everywhere not just staying at the top

arnt u spoilt.. :) regarding tank size i would recomend going longer then 6 foot and wider then 2 foot if u can... our siver is in a 7x2x2 and this seems small and he is the only fish in there.also leave lots of swimming space and make sure there are no sharp rocks or wood as they swim around fast and can get caught on things.also they grow fast we have had ours for about a year and a half and hes over 2 foot long :)

thinking to get a 6x3x2 tank made up but have to price it, what do you think the cost for that tank and a stand will be?

ur need to ask ppl from christchurch as here in Auckland we get tanks and stand quit cheaply compare to rest of the country.

i've got a 6x2x2 turtle tank made for $300 and that was retail not straight from the tank maker. and a friend of my made me a stand which was just a simple table. material cost just over $200 so i would expect u should be able to do it around $800 in Chrischurch. :D

does any body elses arro swim against the glass myn seams to do it for a while then has a break then back to it i thought maybe it can see its reflection in the glass

nope my one doesnt, you have him in a barebottom tank or gravel/sand?

Hey Elmo - is that the one from Organism?

Lovely Fish!

yip thats they one, they always have cool fish everytime i go there, and john gives good discount :D

He is a *lovely* fish - my wife and I really didn't get the attraction for Arowanas until we saw him - he is beautiful my wife says. Will you keep posting piccies as he grows!

I keep looking back at your photo - are they scribble discus?

Wondering if I have purchased two of your babies from John and Toby?

will keep posting pic as he grows, should have a new tank soonish for him :D

the discus in that tank are from discus haven, there are scribble snake skin, red turq and roseXdiamond, just growing them out for now

i have a breeding pair of blue turqs and another breeding pair blue turq with a orange/brown one (dunno the name) but they both havent succeed but they are getting closer everytime they spawn

sas dont get him hooked on the live feeders lol becomes very expensive :)

what elce he in with? our siver ate our clown loches :( he happly lived with them when he was a baby then one day they where gone and i dont think pleco ate them :).. our baby jardini is in my tank with other fish but the smallest is 2 inch golden barb so fingers crossed he does not snack on them be for we can move him to his new home. dont u just love big fishys :)

gosh i cant spell lol (fixed now)