smile4guenta
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
Reputation Activity
-
smile4guenta reacted to boban_nz in Mini fish profile - GuppyMini fish profile - Guppy
-
smile4guenta reacted to boban_nz in Mini fish profile - Agassizi's Dwarf CichlidMini fish profile - Agassizi's Dwarf Cichlid
-
smile4guenta reacted to Tread50 in My GeosThis is the video from when I first got them it's funny looking back at how small they were.
-
smile4guenta reacted to Tread50 in My GeosUpdate from today.
-
smile4guenta reacted to hovmoller in My GeosYes I have. G. altifrons and G. steindachneri
I currently have some G. sp "Orange Head" that I hope will also breed.
They are quite easy to breed actually, just keep them in a properly sized tank with sand and treat them well and they will pair and breed happily when mature. Lots of info online on how to keep the different Geophagus species
-
smile4guenta reacted to hovmoller in My GeosA more accurate species name for these is Geophagus altifrons. So you should research that name.
Note that they do become rather large when adult (25cm+) so tank size and especially footprint size is important.
When mature they can become quite territorial toward other geos so have that in mind too.
Awesome fish!
-
smile4guenta got a reaction from Silverdollarboy2 in My GeosSorry for old bump of the thread, but looking at getting some Geophagus Surinamensis which these look like if i am correct?
They look really healthy , may I ask where did you purchase these from and what is your water/feeding/tank size etc like?
-
smile4guenta got a reaction from gligor in My GeosSorry for old bump of the thread, but looking at getting some Geophagus Surinamensis which these look like if i am correct?
They look really healthy , may I ask where did you purchase these from and what is your water/feeding/tank size etc like?
-
smile4guenta reacted to zombieworm in ElephantnoseHaving finally figured out how to do video on the tablet, upload to YouTube, and link it here, here is a video of the elephantnose at feeding time. I couldn't get one of the handfeeding - there is only me here, but this is just after the hand feeding, and they are all snuffling around looking for the food that dropped.
Gligor, you asked where the elephantnose were in the African Butterfly fish video - they go to sleep mid morning, and wake up just before dinnertime, so here they are now
-
smile4guenta reacted to Tread50 in My GeosStarting to show some colour now