Everything posted by cichlid_fan
-
Who has what tropheus?
I have 22 F1 Chaitika blue rainbows and 16 F1 Brichardi Ulwile ,each colony in their own 6x2x2
-
Neolamprologus multifasciatus tank "multi's"
Hey Aaron,thanks mate.All is well here,especially since the new rack is running
-
Neolamprologus multifasciatus tank "multi's"
When I lived in Auckland I couldn't find THR ,in Sydney you can get it for $5a kg. I think if you want it in nz you would probably need to buy it off eBay from someone in USA, but it would cost a fortune
-
Neolamprologus multifasciatus tank "multi's"
Hi all,thought I'd post a few pics of one of my tanks,been in Sydney a few years now,we finally bought a house and immediately filled half the garage with tanks I've only had these multi's for a few weeks,but already becoming one of my favourite species Tank is 5x2x2 ,beach sand,60kgs Texas holey rock,barnacle clusters,escargot shells,few other types of shell Cheers,Lee
-
Anyone in sydney????
I'm in sydney mate. There's quite a few options, as mentioned earlier http://www.aceforums.com.au , also try this http://www.petlink.com.au/Classifieds/F ... rium/Fish/ .Or you can try the nsw cichlid society auctions ,i went last night,which is on 1st Saturday every month in moorebank, you can get 6 electric yellows for about $15-20 , 100 bags of everything you can imagine from common stuff to rare fish Hope that helps
-
Best Tanks on The Web
Ultimate African cichlid tank
-
Common Pleco fry questions
Ah ok.So you are neither helpful or polite.
-
Common Pleco fry questions
Bristlenoses.when i said common,i meant common as in -you see them for sale everywhere
-
Common Pleco fry questions
Hi All, Have a couple of common plecos in one of my cichlid tanks,4 days ago I noticed one of them with his tail hanmging out of a barnacle cluster for a few hours,had a closer look and found he had a cluster of orange eggs :thup: .Anyway i have made a floating fry container 25x10x10cm. This morning i shifted the barnacle with male and eggs to container. Fry have hatched,at the stage where they are wriggling,connected to egg sack. My questions are - how long do i leave them with male? -when do i introduce food and what type? -im thinking zuchinni? -should i remove barnacle cluster and add a small piece of driftwood? Im used to cichlid fry,the idea of little plecos wasnt something i was expecting any tips would be greatly appreciated cheers
-
Now this is a POND
Yes I thought the same-more like a lake. Why is it listed under 'çoldwater' you asked ,ponds are included as a sub catagory of coldwater 'Cold Water' -This forum is to discuss cold freshwater aquaria and ponds
-
Now this is a POND
I edited my original link,fixed
-
Now this is a POND
http://www.aquaticplantenthusiasts.com/tank-journals-photos-aquascapes/4377-worlds-largest-planted-aquascape-ever.html
-
Smidey's Tang Community
yeh but the T's would have nothing to graze on
-
Smidey's Tang Community
Awesome setup Smidey
-
i might pack my bags and move to oz
We moved to Sydney from Auckland 18 monthes ago, had job offer before we left and friends to stay with for a few monthes.I do the same job as i did in NZ and earn twice as much.We find cost of living cheaper ,ie petrol $1.40 per litre ,we shop at a supermarket called aldi so food cheaper than NZ too-So considerably better off. At first adjusting to the hustle and bustle and the summer heat was a bit of a shock(3 x +42 days in a row!) But we are settled in well now,and its an awesome place to live.ohh and the selection of fish over here is pretty impressive-I brought 7 x F1 tangs yesterday for $12 each))
-
Lighting help
They're a nice light ,has a slight 'hum'(twin cooling fans) .I got mine $330(aus) a week ago , not sure who would ship to nz though
-
Lighting help
I recently upgraded the lighting on my 5foot tang display tank ,was using a double t8 aquaone ,upgraded to a reefoctopus four foot quad T5 -2 blue,2 white with led moonlight.Thought it would be abit overkill when I first saw it ,but now that it is on the tank running,its awesome,tank looks much better,shows fishes colours to their fullest. Not sure if you can get this brand in nz,but quad T5 is way to go IMO. http://www.reefoctopus.com.au/v2/pub/products.cfm?range=6E29531E-16E6-397A-98BE05AB3612D121
-
My tang tank (feeding time)
awesome tank,healthy fish! can't beat an african tank
-
unidentfied cichlid
''got a big body an a tiny little pointy head its bluish silver '' Flipper?
-
My Mixed african tank
I have Anubias Nana and Anubias Afzelli ,ive used java fern in the past too ,but prefer anubias types.I think the leaves on anubias are tougher than the java fern varieties,i find the afzelli the best (its like a mini flax bush!) ,cichlid proof!
-
My Mixed african tank
thanks,2 varieties of anubias
-
My Mixed african tank
Thanks Phoenix and Smidey, yip Im really happy with it ,so many fish to choose from over here-but pretty much got what i want in there-hopefully they all get along when theyre a little older,but so far no problems))
-
My Mixed african tank
Hi all, Thought I'd post a video of my tank,been running for six monthes,most fish still fairly small but males starting to colour up nicely,3 females holding Dalbarb 5X2X2 2 x eheim pro 3 2075's 40kg 3mm crushed coral 60kgs desert rock barnacle clusters/dozen shells/a few plants stocking list 4 x venustus 4 x Melanochromis Auratus 4 x Crimson tide 2 x Pseudotropeus saulosi 3 x red fin Kadango 2 x hongi 2 x Mpanga 2 x red zebra 4 x blue cobolt 2 x sulphur head lithobates 1 x electric blue 1 x mozambique peacock 3 x pulcipans 3 x afra cobue 2 x Lamprologus meleagris 2 x Neolamprologus cylindricus 2 x albino peacocks 2 x plecostomus have a look,let me know what you think,i'll post an update video in a few monthes(hopefully have a hd camera by then too) cheers,Lee
-
HOLY GRAIL - what is your holy grail type of tank and fish
For me definately a big african cichlid tank,this is one of my favorites -
-
new 8ft tank
Unfortunately our laptop was stolen ,which contained all our photos .Have 1 pic of it empty on my work comp.... It was a cool tank,however if i ever get a huge tank again wont go so high -too hard to change stuff around and syphon.