Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phantom

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Phantom

  1. hi

    Phantom replied to aaron11's topic in The Off Topic Fishroom
    Guess that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
  2. That looks great
  3. Phantom replied to adamkerrnz's topic in Welcome
    Hi, welcome to the forums. How can you call bristlenose ugly They're awesome :D
  4. Now that's an algae eater!
  5. I don't know why, but I always assumed killies were too aggressive to put in with smaller (tetras etc) community fish. If one wanted to get a killie or 2 for such a tank, what type would be best?
  6. That looks awesome. I'm jealous.
  7. Have you checked your water conditions? pH, Nitrate etc? Are they different from the other tanks? As far as lighting goes, do the plants look as well lit up in the new tank as the old one?
  8. Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Technical
    Only if you sell it
  9. Too slow
  10. Siamese Algae Eater
  11. Nice fish. I do like those yoyo loaches. Haven't seen them in LFS's here lately though
  12. I got a Snowball Pleco for my birthday this year
  13. Hi

    Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Welcome
    I haven't seen this golden ghost knife. Which tank is it in? I was at redwood on Sunday and had a good look around the tanks.
  14. I use that super sink pump to extract water and vacuum the gravel. Works great.
  15. Hi

    Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Welcome
    Oh yeah, they're on one of my servers which I have blocked international users on. If you can't see them, go to this link and look at them instead: http://phantom.bubbledome.net.nz/tanks/
  16. Hi

    Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Welcome
    Could be keen on those rummy nose if you do know where I could get some. As far as lighting goes, I just so happened to start a thread about it. http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39159 I've thought about discus, but from what I've read they can be a lot of effort.
  17. Hi

    Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Welcome
    Thanks I'm going to re-arrange the plants once I've worked out how they grow. Hoping the glosso will take, but unsure yet. I'm thinking of adding another 10 emerald eye rasboras and 10 harlequin rasboras to the tank, or maybe some rummy nose tetras. I want some schools of fish for the middle water. As far as the vampire pleco goes, I had one many years ago and I'd absolutely love another one. Don't have one at the moment
  18. Hi

    Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Welcome
    Pics of new 4ft tank as requested. Tank has been running for 2 weeks. Filter and gravel were pre seasoned so cycling only took a day or 2. Plants started as small cuttings but have been shooting up quickly. Patches of glosso around that have just been put in. Hoping it will take although unsure with the gravel. Front view: Side (left) view: Side (right) view: Snowball pleco introduced today has found a new home with a couple of glass catfish: Angled (from right) view: Angled (from left) view: Chocolate ghost knife introduced today has also found a home. Good spot to be able to see it: Edit: If you are outside of NZ you won't be able to see those images. Try http://phantom.bubbledome.net.nz/tanks/ instead.
  19. Awesome. So I should keep my power glos and then put in one of those marine blue lights as well.
  20. Phantom replied to Phantom's topic in Technical
    I wouldn't consider that to be overly expensive. Taking that you have the tank, heater, lights and filter all in one. Not to mention the stylish look. I think I would pay that for one. Given that I want it for my office so it would have to look good.
  21. Hehe now I'm going to have to decide between LEDs and one of those
  22. Which 18000K tubes in particular? Both the Power Glo and Aqua Glo I mentioned are 18000K.
  23. Thanks. I was considering using LEDs for the blue lighting. I might just look into that further today. With regards to the money thing, I probably should have mentioned that I don't want to replace the light fittings that I have. Would like to know what tubes would work best given the current equipment I have. I might look into MH lighting further down the track.
  24. Phantom posted a topic in Technical
    Has anyone seen a Fluval Edge tank for sale anywhere in NZ or know how much they would cost? Looks like the perfect tank for my office at work More info at the Hagen website: http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/Fluval_EDGE.pdf Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, didn't really know where it would fit as it's not WTB yet, just after info.
  25. Assuming money doesn't come into the equation, what tubes are best for a planted aquarium? I currently have the following on my 250L 4ft planted tank: 1 x 36" T8 30W 18000K Power Glo tube. (Looks pinkish when on) 1 x 48" T8 40W 18000K Power Glo tube. (Looks pinkish when on) 2 x 36" T5 24W Cool white tubes (other than f748 no real markings to work out details - got it 2nd hand). Spare: 1 x 36" T8 30W Arcadia FF30 Freshwater tube. (Looks white when on) The LFS only really stocks Power Glo and Aqua Glo. Both 18000K tubes. Spectrums: Power Glo Aqua Glo Arcadia FF30 If I believe what the people at LFS's say, they tell me that the Power Glo tubes can't be beaten for both making your fish look good and plant growth. However, they are the more expensive tube and could just be going for a sale. According to them, the aqua glo tubes are a step down from the Power Glo and only go for them if you can't afford the Power Glo. My real question is, would you get better plant growth using a different kind of tube while still maintaining a good natural light colour in the tank? Do I need to change a tube to provide more red light into the tank? Would using an Aqua Glo tube as well as the Power Glo help in any way? The Aqua Glo has a bit more in the red spectrum than the Power Glo. I'm also considering getting a marine blue light and running that later in the evening and early in the morning to bring out some of the nocturnal fish. I'd switch off the other lamps and just run that one. Does anyone do this? Does it work?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.