Everything posted by AtomicHotdog
-
does anyone use the water from the Petone bore?
It's a popular spot. On a Saturday morning there is quite often a queue of people getting large amounts of water. I'm sure some people are using it for their aquariums.
-
Scratches if glass tank
I think I have some small scratches on the inside of my glass tank, they are not obvious, but every time I look at the tank now I see them Does anyone have any magical tips for repairing this type of thing? (If its even possible).
-
Red Lipstick Barbs
Lipstick Barb Skanke-le-good-time-maximus?
-
Updated tank shots as requested
It's solid stone. But still the algae on it doesn't do it any favors.
-
Updated tank shots as requested
Thanks for the feedback everyone. No eggs yet, though lots of mating type shenanigans goes on most nights. (dinner + movies + shimmering + surface cleaning, though no "come inside for coffee" yet) I'm still undecided about the Buddha. My original play was for the plants to grow quite thickly around it so it isn't so prominent - but it's getting pretty green with algae in the various crevices so I might scrap it. I'll keep posting updates in this thread though.
-
Updated tank shots as requested
- Updated tank shots as requested
Not to much has changed, planted some more Dwarf Sag, and most of the plants seem to be doing well except for one of the Crypts that disintegrated I need to get some GBA's or something to start cleaning the rock at the back, it's starting to really show the algae- Tank Setup Log. Conversion from S.American To African
I've got one bristlenose pleco, maybe I need a couple. What is a GAE? :oops:- Tank Setup Log. Conversion from S.American To African
Sorry to go off topic, and I know it's somewhere in this massive thread but I'm having trouble finding it... How did you end up keeping your rocks clean from algae Phoenix?- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
I hear 'envelopes' eat plants hehe- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
Whats SAE? More pic's later today Phoenix (though not to much has changed, one (just one) of the Crypts has desolved... lol)- What to keep with Angelfish
No, not the plants!- What to keep with Angelfish
Congo Tetra's could be an option. Another potential option I have just come across is the Red-line Torpedo. From what I have read they are pretty peaceful kept in groups, though they can be fast swimmers which might be stressful? I also read mixed reviews of whether they ate plants, anyone had any experience with them?- What to keep with Angelfish
For those people that keep or have kept Angelfish, what type of fish have you kept with them? I'm wanting to add something quite colorful. I have heard larger Tetra can be OK, but what are some other good options?- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
Not to sure about the drift wood, though I am thinking about Bamboo stalks to continue with my theme. Plants seem to still be doing well. I'm having trouble deciding what type of fish I want to add with the Angels. But before I add more fish I need to take my heater back to the store. The highest temp I seem to be able to get at the moment is 25.9 even when its set at 32. Ideally I want it to be 28. It started off ok, but over the last week it's started playing up. Fish suggestions welcome. :bounce:- Tank makeover
I brought the gravel on trademe from Auckland- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
The crypts are alive and well :bounce:- Tank Setup Log. Conversion from S.American To African
Awesome stuff. So what are there names?- My Discus from Ron - almost 3 months on
This may be in another thread, but do you have a pic of your whole tank, I would love to see it- My Discus from Ron - almost 3 months on
They are awesome! Well done- Tank Setup Log. Conversion from S.American To African
I'm expecting pics by the time I get home from work tomorrow! :bounce:- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
Canon G10 - It's my favorite non DSLR ever!- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
Updated tank pics with my new Angelfish courtesy of Phoenix44 :bounce: (The Tiger Barbs have been returned to their owner as they were only brought in to help cycle)- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
Found the buddha on Trademe, took me a while to find one I like, but different styles seem to come up all the time. It's funny every now and again air bubbles pop/squeeze out from behind the buddha... who needs Co2 when you have buddha farts?- Juwel Vision 180 - Still cycling, but take a look...
The background is inside the tank. Juwel make structured backgrounds in a variety of styles e.g. clay, stone, granite, tree roots. They have to be siliconed in, but it was easy enough to do. You can check out the backgrounds here: http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/motive_background_stone494.htm I think they are a bit of a rip off, as for my tank I needed to buy two, and as you can see in the picture I only used a really small piece for the second bit. But in saying that I'm really happy with how it looks. And it should look even better once the plants grow around it. My only concern is if it becomes dirty how I'm going to keep it clean as its polystyrene , though from surfing the various forums around the world people don't seem to have that issue with them, though time will tell I guess. The sand for anyone that is interested is 1-2mm grade Basalt rock. - Updated tank shots as requested