Depressed Sev

Krissie

Hi guys.

Some of you may remember that i rehomed my smaller male Gold Sev, because my big boy was always attacking him.

Well now it appears that my big boy is missing him??

He is managing to squeeze himself sideways like, under a piece of driftwood, and he spends nearly all his time there.

He comes out to eat, but also seems to have lost his appetite a bit too.

He is not sick, well at least he doesn't look sick.

Has anyone else seen pining behaviour in fish?

Just curious... not really too worried about him.... yet.

Cheers

I have been watching him on and off today and i have noticed that he is very busy making himself comfortable under the wood.

Yesterday he had to lie on his side to fit under there, Today he is nearly upright. There is also a rather large pile of gravel building up to one side of the wood.

Cheaky horror is moving the substrate!

Men eh!!! :lol:

yes, its definatly just sulking :)

a friend of mine had an oscar pair, one day the male snapped and basically killed his partner and then when she was gone sulked for a good few months! fish can definatly sulk, even if theyre the reason the fish get removed :lol:

as long as hes still eating, even if its less than normal, he should be ok :D

cheers guys.

I appreciate the support.

Fish are sooo full of surprises, you never know if they have changed or whether you're loosing your mind... :lol:

He seems ok and he's not exactly a 'skinny' fish, so i'm not too worried about him. Does make the tank look empty though.

Am expecting some krib fry soonish, so if he is still bored\depressed, i may try and get up the courage to throw some in the main tank with him.

Not sure if i will or not though, kinda makes me feel ill when i think about those poor, helpless babies being gobbled up. Probably swallowed whole too.... eeewww....

(remembers the Nemo movie scene inside the whale.... :-? )

as an after thought, is an adult Sev likely to get bothered by a 6 inch Clown knife? probably not eh?