noisey deltec ts1250

JDM

any ideas why my deltec ts1250 skimmer has become noisey?

i noticed it when i got home tonight.

i have pulled it to bits tonight to give it a clean out just incase somthing got sucked into where it shouldent, but it was perfect, i had a good look at the needle wheel while i was there and all seems to be as it should. reassembled and tested, skimming ok but still noisey.

its never been totally silent but now its making more noise than my overflow. :o

there must be a reason why? :-?

i thort of putting a peice of sonthing between the pump and the base of the skimmer to see if that is where the noise is comming from, what would be good for this? i need it to be around 5mm max.

ok, i ran a cup of very hot fresh water through the air intake, interesting thing the noise stopped while the skimmer was sucking water as apposed to air, this seems to have helped it skim correctly but the noise is still present. deffenatly related to the air entering the pump, any thorts?

Ok, by pure coincidence, one of my 1250's did the same thing just this afternoon!

Took it apart completely. I cleaned the impellor and shaft and rubber end bushes a couple of tinmes and it managed to shut up. Took a few times to do it though. The shaft needs to be pushed FIRMLY into place.