Observations for WCMM

Aqua

Hey all, I just noticed this morning some interesting behaviour with my wcmm...

They are all congregating around the middle (lengthwise) of my tank, in between to large floating indian fern 'colonies' <--:lol:

There are aggressive males, and submissive males, the aggressive ones seem to have much more colour, the submissive ones are quite pale!

A couple of the females (I think I only have about 3 females in a group of about 14 :-?) are so large they are starting to resemble hatchetfish! :lol:

I'm uncertain why they've all of a sudden decided to do this, it's definately courtship behaviour, and all of them, male + female are taking turns at swimming through the root structure of the indian fern, sometimes finding something to eat, other times they just hang there for a little while and then leave again...

if only my flatmate was awake & out of bed, I'd borrow his digital cam to show y'all!!! :evil:

Ah well - here's hoping I get some babies!

On the topic of babies - here's a quick list of the current inhabitants of the tank:

1x Betta splendens - www.nik.co.nz/betta.htm

2x Botia macracantha - www.nik.co.nz/botia.htm

2x Crossocheilus siamensis - www.nik.co.nz/cross.htm

1x Hypostomus plecostomus - www.nik.co.nz/pleco.htm

2x Corydoras aeneus - www.nik.co.nz/caeneus.htm

1x Corydoras paleatus - www.nik.co.nz/cpaleatus.htm

2x Ancistrus spp. (male & female I think) - www.nik.co.nz/ancis.htm

14(ish)x Tanichtys albonubes - www.nik.co.nz/tanic.htm

What out of these are likely to chow down on the fry? Obviously the Betta, and possibly the wcmm, but does anyone know if the Crossocheilus would eat them?