new tank

tang

i remember wanting one of these types of tanks for my 1st marine mainly because they looked so slick. you could dick @ with it, throw out the lights, hood and filter and make it work...the reality is that you will get far better value and practicality by having a tank and stand made to suit;you will prob want an overflow, sump etc and neednt spend anymore than these tanks usually cost..

throw out the lights, hood and filter and make it work...the reality is that you will get far better value and practicality by having a tank and stand made to suit;you will prob want an overflow, sump etc and neednt spend anymore than these tanks usually cost..

Yep totaly agreed, i bought an AR620T because i liked the look, dont have the lights or filter on it now, they just dont cut it if you want to keep the good stuff :wink:

i had a 120 verson, it was more hassell and not as good as the custom made one i have now, and best of all the custom made one cost me less than the aquaone and thats with a solid timber stand not the cheep weetbix stands that the aquaone tanks come on. i went as far as drilling the aquaone and running a sump, halides etc, so the hood and filter it comes with were expensive ordments.

cheeper, easier and better to get a custom tank and stand made IMHO :wink:

pacific blue where do you have your skimmer,

have had a look at your pics but hard to tell, can you explain your set up to me pumps etc i would be happy to have a set up like yours looks ok to me with out spending mega $$, and what suppliments you add etc , in your pics you have your trickle filter still on the back

yea the casing for the filter is still on to make it look normal i have just taken out all of the baskets and pipeing.and i have cut holes in the back so skimmer and canister pipes could fit in. the skimmer is just hanging on the back. if you look closely in the first photo you can seee the pump for the skimmer in the water on the left hand side. then i have one canister drawing and returning water at each end, ( this helps with the flow), i also have a few powerheads in the tank moving more water around,(one big one behind the rocks on a spraybar). the suppliments i add are calcium strontium, iodide, and coral liquid food.

this is the skimmer535-970100-00.jpg