tangs together

tel

currently got a purple, yellow and blue in my display. considering other additions along the lines of powder blue, clown or another yellow. i'd be keen to hear any combination others have got or experiences good or bad between these combinations, thanks. :)

I've found that often it's a matter of just trial and error. For example, my Sohal got along fine with a similar sized clown tang they would actually swim together, but he harassed my blue tang to the brink of death after having lived peacefully with it for several months. He just snapped one day.

I'd say the clown tang would be the most risky option, they have a reputation for being aggressive, and slashing other fish to bits.

get another yellow and they will kill each other, powder blue might be ok.

not sure if it is a good idea to risk such a fish yet as you tank is still new.

If adding another yellow then you should remove your current yellow for a few days and add them at the same time.

Some other nice tangs are dejardin tank, yellow eye tang, atlantic blue tang, powder brown tang.

Hi tel

You must be over the whitespot outbreak to think about adding more tangs to your set up! :lol:

I like tangs so have done a fair bit of research about how many and what combinations you can have. You might get away with having combinations of 'juvenile' tangs together but one day someone will decide they are grown up and want their own bedroom, and probably the keys to the tank.

They are all little individuals...

yeah currently at 1.010. latest reading i have done states 1.011 or lower for 6 days.......we'll see. seems to make sense re the life cycle of the tomites. nasty esp how the velvet ones liquify the fish tissue to feed on :o

as my tank is new i will be adding alot of stock over the coming months so am at risk of w/s even if i q-tank them all. also ive now come to believe what many have stated ''w/s can remain latent and reoccur due to stress'' ..why?...the forcipiger had no visible w/s when i got him, as soon as he went in to my display it appeared (due to the other inmates razing him). the inmates who had been ''cured'' of w/s by being in 1.010 for 1 month showed visible w/s within 24 hrs of me putting a mirror up to alleviate his being bullied. he didnt give them w/s, they were together for over 2 weeks. the extra mirror stress caused their latent w/s to reoccur.