May 25, 200620 yr comment_102496 Does anyone know any other names for leppard fish, the live bearers that some lfs sell, ive been googling for a while, and had a browse through fishprofiles.com but havent found anything that matches my fish Report
May 25, 200620 yr comment_102498 Hi Shane, I have just rung Wet Pets in Palmy North, they have given me the Scientific name for the Leopard Fish. Got to admit it sure is a mouthful. LOL Leopard Fish = phalloceros caudomaculatus :roll: :roll: Now aren't you gald u dont have to pronounce it. LOL :roll: :roll: Maybe try Googling that and see what u come up with. Good Luck :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Lynda Report
May 25, 200620 yr Author comment_102500 thank you so much I should of thought to let my fingers do the walking :roll: Report
May 25, 200620 yr comment_102508 yes she is definitely right there - Phalloceros caudomaculatus is them. Lovely little fish. I would love some moer of them myself but they are not seen often. Report
August 10, 200719 yr comment_177346 Common names: caudo (English-New Zealand), kaudi (Danish), kolstert-muskietvis (Afrikaans-South Africa), pilkkukala (Finnish), speckled mosquitofish (English-Australia), spottail mosquitofish (English-South Africa), spotted livebearer (English), Vielfleckkärpfling (German), zyworodka jednoplamka (Polish) Report
August 10, 200719 yr comment_177352 They are not the same as mosquito fish so don't let those common names confuse you. I have only ever heard them referred to as leopardfish. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.