fish can give you a desease!!!!!!

craig

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy's,

The TB has done it's usual and gone on a remish,craig has left work,so hopefully problem solved.blood tests are looking good,those horrible pills we don't have to take no more.(cure worse than the problem).

I am guessing it will show back up again at a later date,but fingers crossed we canned it this time round.

Anyways off to oz a week today,thankgod pills are finished,can't go in the sun with them.

A quick note for ya's fish to watch out for with TB:neons bigtime,white markings at the base of the tail,usually swollen,easy to see in a community tank,hard to spot in a quarinteen tank with 250-500 little buggers swimming around,cardinals the same.dwarf gourami's,pink kissers. Double check all fish for that swollen white mark it will eventually rupture.

Best way of keeping it out of your tanks is a very careful eye when buying new fish.

If ya have it in a tank,dump ALL fish,throw out ALL plants.leave substrate in and filter going and chlorinate tank(strong dose)leave it for a few days,empty then dry everything out totally,leave it to dry filter everything, once chlorine is dry it is not toxic anymore. Then start a fresh.

Well that's about it.

See ya guy's will catch up laters once settled in oz and when i get my fishie thing going overthere.FRONTOSA'S here i come. :bounce: :bounce:

All the best for your shift Craig and Shelly.

Thanks for the help that you have been to me.

You know what I mean.

Good to here that you are getting over the dreaded TB too Craig.

I often wonder when I look at my arms and hands about the same thing.

Where in Oz are you heading for.

Watch out if you are going near the Goldcoast area for two guys that go by the name of Brad and Justin.

They'll really get you into trouble. :roll:

By the way, you'll be glad of the prices that you got here with your "oh so successful" breeding of the Fronts.

Over there they are cheap as.

So now you'll have to find some other fish associated with dollars.

I'd suggest Zebra Plecos, organise a way to get them back to NZ and you'll be into your first mill in no time.

All the best.

Alan 104

alan we are going 4rs north of brisbane to bundaberg,and i will be seeing brad and hopefully justin. gotta get my fronts from somewhere.

going to give another varient of the fronts a go. some ziaires would be nice,but they are pretty exspensive from what i heard,might have to be a smaller colony, I'm sure if i could fit some in a thermo, someone overhere would want them :lol:

noxious pest hahaha :o better not be.

zebra's i'll keep that in mind alan. :lol:

shell.