Hi from Sydney!

YeW

Hi Guys -

My name is YeW (David) I run the Sydney Cichlid Page across the river :). I am interested in setting up a new forum system (I currently am with ezboard) at my website and thought I'd have a look at phpBB (along with some others) - what better place to start than at a fellow fish site!

My fish interests lie with the step breeding Neolamps and Julies (although I have a soft spot for Chalinochromis and Telmatochromis also). I have kept a range of Apistos in the past - but am now sworn off them - thanks to what we call MAD (mysterious Apisto death).

To the admins here - great work! Nice site!

Welcome neighbour!

I belong to a few sites both phpBB and eziboard and much prefer these ones. I have trouble with eziboard as I go to the site, it says I am logged in, it lists my name at the bottom but seems to forget I am there and I have to keep logging in to see which threads are new since my last visit! Very frustrating.

Have a Malawi tank here, been set up a few months now. Very active fish!

I also have a 1.2m tropical with rainbows. The apistos are beautiful aren't they?

Enjoy your visits here.

Hi there Yew,

Great to have you visit.

Only just over three hundred of us here... about 1200 or so behind you.

Seems quite a few are changing boards these days.

Looks like you have some nice fish and hope you get time to tell us more about them.

Hey Caryl,

There's an option at the head of the ezboard that lets you view only new post, or all of them. You might have the wrong flag ticked, or it could be a prob in your profile. Also if you 'log off' it will forget your visit and you 'will' have to log in all the time, which is the same with all forums :)

Hi Again -

Thanks for the welcome. Since Bill bought it up - I currently am trying to breed a number of the Neolamprologus brichardi morphs. In my collection at present I have two forms of Neolamprologus brichardi (one from Kiku - see the pic below) and one from Pemba. I also have two forms of Neolamprologus olivaceous/pulcher which I am currently trying to identify.

I like these fish because no only do they look elegant but the step breeding makes them a pleasure to keep, the "one-pot-cooking" of breeding cichlids I guess :D .

Here's a pic of my female N. brichardi 'Kiku' with some fry - hope you like it.

nbrichardikiku1.jpg