Ammonia Poisoning

herefishiefishie

Is no good for humans either :x

I got rushed to hospital today from work. Then spent 6 hours laid out in hospital. 3hrs of which in emergency, with multiple probes :oops: attached to me, then 3hrs in observation. The doctors & staff were great apart from they didn't believe the ammonia part and cant get that from bleach. :-?

One of the ambo drivers had a brain wave(ripple) about a silicone ingesting theory. The old lick the finger to run a smooth line, is deadly he reckons. :lol: Never seen one in all me years in fish.

What about hanging over a water feature/pond filled with bleach, trying to fix up for a customer, few hours too?

I found a lovely med page on the net, http://www.mednets.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/articles_ammonia_poisoning_and_exposure_toxicology-Ammonia strange how all symptons line up.

Q??? Is it to much to walk in to A & E tomorrow, and hand those papers over? Especially the 2 twits that laughed at me, while I laying there hopelessly telling them why. Then again using fish :roll: as an example silly me!

Must be hard spending 6 years at uni sinking piss.

For 3 hours, I couldn't breath properly at all, on oxygen. My left arm, couldn't move at all, constantly cramped up. Right arm could move just a little, cramps in all limbs, pins & needles all limbs.

Blood pressure was doing its best to impersonate a rollercoaster.

The heart was a different ride but, just as thrilling. :o Shot up to 190bpm stayed there a while, then took his bloody time coming down. Swollen & sore tounge, dryest mouth, eyes were bit fuzzy & body was just like holly f...

Then again sounds like a good saturday night. :evil:

Body is really sore now from all the hyper tension, cramps..oh and the 8 hit marks in my right arm :cry: he couldn't understand why I couldn't keep still. :-?

From doing my own research, it's hard to estimate toxic levels. Or how badly I was affected. Will I suffer down the track. :-?

So if this can help 1 other person avoid what I went threw, that will be great.

Frenchy :D

You are one lucky guy Frenchy, glad you pulled thru the crisis area and now hope there will be any lasting damage.

Definately go higher than those school-kid doctors, they'll stick together, but if necessary go to your local radio station or your MP, sometimes they do have their uses.

You have talkback radio, HIT IT!!

By the way, if you were using bleach, wouldn't the gas have been chlorine, now THAT is a killer, ask our boys that are left from the 1st WW how bad it was.

Goodluck and my thoughts are with you at this time.

That ambo guy better not have any vinegar on his chippies or he'll end up like you.

Referring to the silicon glue statement, but one thing with that is the fumes from it.

Now that is a whole different story.

Alan 104

Go buy a LOTTO ticket or the equivalent Frenchy!

From reading the link, there may be some residual effects but it is non carcinogenic and you will still be able to reproduce :wink:

Am curious, why was the pond filled with bleach? Hope they removed the fish first!

Holy Crap! :o

If they don't believe your symptoms were the result of hanging over a water feature containing bleach, what do they think happened to you? I'm glad they treated you well while you were there, but your body underwent a lot of trauma - to not have any kind of follow-up on symptoms so serious is odd :-? .

If they are convinced there is another reason, then it's only fair they address further questions - such as whether this could happen again or the potential for long term effects. I don't mean to be a scaremonger, however. I'm positive they wouldn't let you go without being confident you aren't in any danger. It just sucks that they've left you wondering, that's all.

Take care, Frenchy, keep well :wink:.

Classic Warren, :lol:

Yes it is chlorine from bleach. I was worried about potential reactions, being a nursery worker I had dirty boots(now clean) :o there was dirt in the pond, also a few non sealed painted items in there 2.

No fish in there just a water feature. Chlorine is to kill the algae, & anything within a 3 metre radius. :roll:

Body is umm "very" sore still, which I expected and can cope with. Its the sore lungs that are a concern, never had that before. Worked yesterday & today. Very light duties. Left early today, running out of breath, work isn't that important. So resting up for 2 days, work 1 day, then 2 more days off. Good timing Easter.

Cheers for the kind words.

Frenchy :D