Upstairs Fishroom? Advice needed :-?

Keri Anne

Different scenarios Zev depending on the type of quake and direction in relation to the tanks.

A tall stand (2 or more tanks stacked one above the other) will just topple over. Tanks can also slide sideways or over the front. There is a lot of movement once the water starts slopping.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if a decent earthquake hits I'll be in trouble no matter what.... Our shared Laundry is a *shack* on the roof above that room and would most likely fall right through. :o I have braced stands to each other at right angles but am unable to brace to wall as I live in a building that is controlled by a Historical Trust.

My landlord is VERY concerned and we've had a number of "Sit downs" about my tanks etc. He will not allow any type of water flow from one tank to another so sumps are out of the question. As each tank must be run as an independent unit (I have no choice here) I'm sticking to the most basic forms of filtration:

- Sponge filters for breeding tanks.

- A combination of Under-gravel and box filters for the others. (I have managed to beg and otherwise acquire a small number of each- thus the combination.)

The good thing about all 3 of these types of filtration is that they are all air-driven which means I wont have to find more space to plug filters in. ;)