hello

Jimmy

Had a look at the pic my eyesight's not the best but I'm pretty sure they are not mojano, not sure what though.

If you know who the guy is who bought them Bruce, how about discuss with him & post back here what they are, I'd be interested.

That's a better pic, looks exactly like mojano, other than the long stalk. Maybe they go like that sometimes.

So who's the shmuck who paid $70.00 for mojano? :lol:

Actually, better not answer that! :lol:

with a reply like that we are glad you went to an overseas site as well.

There are 2 many instances of unsuspecting people getting ripped off hence some of the replies. People have been sold aiptasia or rockpool shrimp as tropical rarities off trade me, if you are in a position to clarify then do so.

There is no need to get personal especially when that person is not an expert of marine keeping or has never professed to be.

You are the people that obviously seem to know alot about this subject.. Being insulted is not quite what anyone expects and that is why you got a sharp response.

The person had bought it by the time anyone could have warned them, and even then it would have been up to the seller to decide whether he was going to loose out on $70 by telling the bidder.

I'm geussing that you know or are the person who bought these anemones - and it is an unfortunate loss of money.

I had never heard of a majano anemone - so it's a mistake I could have made, although it is a good lesson in doing research first. The people here are all very friendly - despite all the bannings :D . And knowing the way wasp usually answers I doubt he had intended any menace in his post.

For instance someone from these forums came round and helped drill my tank last night - at the expense of his own time and effort. (Cheers Tim :D )

And most of the people here are only too happy to help. Perhaps you could pass on the forum details to the purchaser and hopefully prevent some other future mistakes. (there's plenty to make - everyone here must have done something wrong at some stage)

Oh well if it was me that caused offence Afrikan I apologise.

The remark was a little tongue in cheek, I thought most people would know it was a joke, because in my early days, I bought a mojano anemone from a guy selling everything up. Although I'm a smaller shmuck, because I only paid $20.00 for it :lol:

We live and learn!

Were you the purchaser?

Yeah I was picking majano to. Bad news

Hey Suphew - im probably wrong but i thought majano were always short stemmed (and they dont look like aiptasia as they tentacles look too thick - but then the "breeding profusely" bit is a concern - most anemones we want are far less helpful, lol