Post-Conference bug

ME!!!! I have been sick since then too, mine started Tuesday so I must have caught it from you. Grant is coming down with it now. :cry:

Don't say you didn't get to take anything home from conference this year :lol:

I was supposed to be at work these past 2 days but called in sick. As a medical receptionist, it doesn't look good to cough and sneeze over the patients.

well YES. but not a cold. We got home about 5pm on Monday and by 9.30pm I was in a bad way. I spent most of the next 12 hours in the toilet, I must have thrown up at least a dozen times! On Tuesday I could barely move, I was completely exhausted from being so sick and lack of food and still couldn't keep any food down. Took Wednesday off work as well to recover, and managed a piece of toast and a bit of tea. I am over the stomach bug now, but to top things off, I woke up this morning with a sore throat, it better not turn into anything! :evil:

Mum also had Tuesday and Wednesday off work, she had a headache and sore throat. There must have been something unpleasant going around!

Ken from our club has the sore throat and sniffles bug too.

Who started this bug???

Sorry to hear your troubles Janey. Thank goodness you didn't start throwing up until you got home. I hope Mark is taking good care of you. The sore throat doesn't bode well though I'm afraid as that's how it starts. :cry:

Maybe it was the rare south island SARS virus or something like that.

Nothing that a couple of shots of rum couldnt cure. I must say i was a bit sore from sitting down all weekend, could not push myself to get out for a run while i was at conference. Managed to drag myself out of bed early Tuesday morning to go to work that was bad enough.

Four day weekend i like the idea

Boy do we sound like a sick bunch,if we can't manage to go to Conference in the sunny South Island what are we all going to be like next year if the Conference is off shore? Time to get healthy. :lol:

Mark said...

> Maybe it was the rare south island SARS virus...

South-island Aquarium Related Sneezing?

Hope people are over their bugs, I'm pretty much OK now

(well, as good as I ever get anyway :) )

Andrew.

Well my flu got worse and I have spent most of the weekend in bed. My sore throat started to develop on Tuesday morning. Really Andrew I didn't think I was anywhere near you.

Caryl thanks for a wonderful weekend. I know all the Kapi Mana club members had a great time. We really appreciated being picked up from the ferry and being delivered back again.

I will have to get Jane to help me find a suitable little logo.

Still trying to shake the cough but not feeling unwell at all. I go back to work tomorrow. I hear Jo was sick when she arrived at conference so we'll all blame her shall we? :D

Had John and Gael E. here (they took me to dinner!). Looks like next conference may be Rarotonga. He is looking into the options.

Caryl said...

> I hear Jo was sick when she arrived at conference so

> we'll all blame her shall we?

That seems like a safe policy. I find, if you look hard enough,

she's to blame for most things ;-)

Andrew, ducking and hiding from Jo for the next year or so...

Caryl also said...

> Looks like next conference may be Rarotonga.

Sadly, I suspect most people willl wimp out when it comes

time to hand over actual cash. A shame, and I hope I'm

wrong. I'm planning on going if I possibly can.

Andrew.

We have been putting money aside for 12 months since the idea was first suggested. If it doesn't go ahead Grant and I are going somewhere by ourselves. Whatever John organises will be fantastic fun and we don't plan to miss out. $10 - $12 a week is not so much to save. Being self employed, we plan to shut the business down for a week as we don't have employees to take over for us. Everyone needs a break and we will have well deserved this one. It will be worth it.

All work and no play makes you very depressed :D