New tank..... will be updates as things go along.

Duke

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments.

I have euro style bracing at the front of the tank and I think I will add it to the back.

Good call.

The return pump is an L7. Man it's got some grunt.

Might remove the top glass and add some plastic mesh to the over flows.

Any ideas??? what I can use?

I have started on the sump stand under the house. I was going to do an "L" shaped stand but that looked like to much work.

The top will be 2m long and 1200 wide.

This should be enough room for my sump and equipment.

Top up water will be stright from tap through a normaly closed soliniod then the filter and in to the sump. No tank needed.

Also if I utilise the 5000G water tank then it will be the same for saltwater changes.

IMG_6058.jpg

Duke,

The pink timber (H1.2) is not for use below ground level or in wet environments, especially where salt water is involved (Salt water is very good at rotting/rusting our stands :D ). Next time use a grade H4 in ground and H3 above ground (for external use).

I can see you have already concreted so the best option would be to give the timber a very good coating of external acrylic paint, even then I would be bit concerned for the long term use.

Who's getting it Duke? Long as they realise you need good clean stuff!

But hey, I envy you, be great to have something like that on tap.

As you may store it for 2 years, may be a good idea when it arrives to test it for everything you can test, so you can monitor the quality & any changes over time.

Reminds me of a thing I read on Reef Central once, about a LFS that adjoined the beach. They laid a permanent hose right through into the seawater, to service their own needs, and also they sold the water. In fact it went out, from memory, half a mile.

Now wouldn't that be cool!