Zeovit.com

wasp

Any DNS tool like DiG or nslookup will give you that.

But in this case the DNS setup is screwed (otherwise zeovit.com would load normally) so it's not so straight forward.

A quick whois on zeovit.com to find it's name server addresses, a reverse lookup using dig of ns.zeovit.com gave the ip address above, which happened to be the same ip address as the webserver, which was also conveniently not hosted virtually by domain name.

Simple as that.

Layton

Well look who the zeovit thread brought back!

Nice holiday Layton? :D

I've kinda been missing your cheerful attitude and fun threads grlaugh.gif

People been asking me where you are / what happened to you! For some reason they think I would know! eek2.gif

Just got this email from them

"Just wanted to update you all, we are very close to fixing the problem. The site is up, we are just waiting for the domain problem to be fixed. "

What could the domain problem be? They forgot to renew it?

Looks like it...

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.

Record last updated on 04-Oct-2005.

Record expires on 24-Mar-2006.

Record created on 24-Mar-2004.

Domain status: REGISTRAR-HOLD

REGISTRAR-LOCK

Generally these days when someoone doesn't pay for a domain, it goes into REGISTRAR-HOLD state for about a month to be sure that some domain camper doesn't buy it to be a pest. After payment is received however, it still takes a day or two for that to be lifted.

They are normally very responsive Fay, I wonder if it's got something to do with the computer problems they have been having? Perhaps you should try again.

What's your user name there? Same as here?

If you don't get any joy, drop me a pm with your details & I'll pm Bob I'm sure he will sort it.