1 axolotl :evil:

rocks

plants

tank two 3ft

cold water tropicals

6 funny guppys

3 betta

tank three saltwater

1 2ft sand shark its in a 6ft x 2ft tank it was only 1\2ft when i netted it in thames.

what im after is some idears on what i can do with two 3ft tanks and a 8 ft tank if u can help me that wood be good ( the two 3ft tanks are to go in the kids room) :D

Hi bikiegirl and welcome to the fishroom.

I am rather intrigued by your 'coldwater tropicals'.

Do you want to start the tanks again or add to the current inhabitants?

Sometimes it pays to find out the pH of your tap water. If it is particularly high, or low, it may influence which fish you choose.

hi um ty it toke me 6mth to get them in to cold water it was a very slow time lol .yes i wood like to start up the tanks again as ive just move here and my son keeps asking me for his tank back so im after some thing with lots of color as he only 5y so far the his 3ft tank is run and got plants in it witch he set up himself the way he like it witch is ok with me it his tank :lol: .we been to lots of fish\pet shops and seen lots of fish but not sure what will be the better thing for his tank he loves fish he will watch the cold water tripocal tank for hrs if u can help it wood be cool ty agian

p;s ill post a pic of it when it fin for all ur help.

If you want colour then guppies are certainly the fish to get. Plus watching them drop their fry is always interesting.

Fast moving, shoaling, fish would keep his interest I think so perhaps a school of tetras. At least 6 or more. Tiger barbs look good in a group too.

hi again ty for that and i like this site it got a lot of info witch is what ive been looking for ty again and i think as it the long weekend we going to go on a road trip and pick up some fish now my next thing for me to do by what ive seen on the site is to find a club for us to join and to find a site that we can see fish at shows not to sure if there do that or not but it some thing that we can do together and ty again u lots of help and nice to meet u

marree

There are 3 clubs in Auckland so I am not sure which one is closest to you. I gather you have seen the club list with contact details. Paul Monckhof, secretary of one of the clubs, is away at the moment as he is in the NZ champion boccia team and they are building up for the next championship (or the disabled games, I can't remember which) so it would pay to contact the president of that club instead, if it was the closest to you.

The Auckland clubs have inter-club shows, or competitions, but we do not often have large fish shows these days as they are very expensive to run, and get to! The last one was a public display in Napier, organised by the Hawkes Bay club. We took a van load from our club to the event and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

You may have seen elsewhere on the site that this weekend is our annual conference. It is being held in Blenheim this year with me organising it so check out the chat room during the weekend as we hope to be in there during the evenings after dinner. We may even get a web cam set up.

Hi Bikiegirl, glad you made it :)

I knew Caryl would have all the info on the clubs, and it seems you already have some of the info you needed.

what im after is some idears on what i can do with two 3ft tanks and a 8 ft tank if u can help me that wood be good ( the two 3ft tanks are to go in the kids room)

WOW... Some nice sized tanks there, and the choices of fish are enormous, though you may need some hardy ones for the two three footers if they are going in the kids room.

You could set one up as a 'fun' tank with lots of 'ornamental' stuff (waterwheels... divers.. castles..caves.. etc for the kids) .. and one a bit more towards the serious side to learn them a bit about the hobby, and perhaps about the breeding of some species.

Now the 8 foot...

Well that would look just great in my front room instead of the existing tanks.. :) :)

Fun times ahead.

bikiegirl said...

> 1 2ft sand shark its in a 6ft x 2ft tank it was only 1\2ft

> when i netted it in thames.

I'm amazed no one has bothered to comment on this!

Not everyone has a real shark in a tank, y'know :)

Not necessarily something I'd do, but somewhat impressive.

BTW: Bikiegirl, there are quite a few fishkeepers on this site who also

ride.

Andrew, Ducati 600SL pantah & Honda VFR400R

yep he a nice one i amazed hes lasted this long in a tank ive had him now for about 3y but it getting to the time where he not be a nice shark at feeding time as my son feeds him lol it cool to see and he starting to get a bit big for the tank to i wood love to put him back in the wild with his friends but i know it may be a bad thing.but i still got to look in to it and see if we can .

pegasus;; that sounds like a fun idear for the tank in my sons room as he is 5yold so far he put the plants and so toys in it.we going on a fish hunt this weekend to pet shops to see what we can put in it and i was tellin him that we can only put 2 or 3 in the tank at one time so he got to pick the ones he like to get frist and get some more in about 2 or 3 weeks and he was not to happy about it but ones i told him there may die if we but alot in at ones he was ok with it he loves his fish

That's the right idea... A few at a time till you get the tank established.

BTW... I'm an old 'biker' from way back (Pomme Bikes)

Vincent HRD 1000cc.. BSA Gold Flash.. BSA.. 500 Shooting Star... 700 Enfield Connie.. two Triumph Bonnies.. (one a cafe racer yeeehhaaa)

plus a 200cc Triumph Tiger Cub race tuned to 115mph... and heaps more.. (Could talk bikes all night)...

Geez... they'd be worth a mint over here.... The good old days :)

Now about this shark.... Ever thought of the Zoo... they may be looking for one for their marine section :)

ty for that i ring kelly tarltons today and there r going to send some one out to take a look at him ty and the auckland zoo said to ring them back if kelly tarlton do not wont it and there will take him ty

bikes== yamaha R1 in bits as i got hit by a car on it 3 week ago and a goldwing 1500cc touring and a kdx 600cc

kids got == one pw 50cc and a 4 wheeler 125cc

yep i konow what i saying about can talk motor bikes all day its the one thing i can talk about ive been riding bike from the age of 3y and ty agian for the info on where i can take or do with my baby (shark name sushi) lol

hi there from Mid Canterbury in the cool cool South Island. Welcome to NZ Fishroom. I have been helped soooooooo much by other members. In fact the angel fry that are in my tank are the result of the help I received :) The shark really interests me - would you keep us posted of where he/she goes. (I have just finished watchin g the crocodile guy from aussie and all they do for Australian wild-life) I did get to visit the Napier aquarium and was impressed there too. Again good to see you

Or maybe Kelly Tarltons!

(Puch Maxi 48.5cc)

hi again kelly Tarltons didnt wont him yes it a male but the auckland zoo toke him and there r so happy as there only got one now there got two and the luck may have it the one there got is female woooooohhhhoooo :lol:

need help plz ??? There is a club in South Auckland - South Auckland Aquarium and Watergarden Society. They meet at Ranwick Park Community House, 137 Shifnal Drive, Manurewa on the second Monday of each month.

what im after is if some one know what time it starts as i can not get hold of the information ive ring around and know one home so if u can help that wood be great as i wood very much like to join there club,

Hey there Bikegirl,

So glad you found a home for the big fella, and they will be sure to treat him right.

If you click on the twin fish (FNZAS.ORG) at the head of the page and then on Clubs, you will find the details and contacts for the South Auckland Club, plus a couple of email addresses...

HTH :)

Unfortunately not goldie. The only Aucklanders to make the effort were John and Gael Eastwood. You know the story - if it is south of the Bombay hills it is not worth the effort.

To be fair though, Paul, their secretary, would have attended if he was not tied up with the Boccia championships.