Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some helpful ideas please

Featured Replies

Hello, I am thinking it is about time I re stocked my 4ft tropical tank. At the moment it looks a bit sad :cry: It has in in 2 clown loaches about 4 & 6inches, 2 flying fox 3inches, Frank's Jack dempsey and 6 red splendid rainbows. The rest of my rainbows have been slowly passing on to fish heaven :oops: :cry: . Any suggestions on what to re stock it with? Also I want to grow more plants, any good ideas on good easy to grow hardy plants? Thank you for any ideas that anyone may have. This tank has been operational for about 4 years and is externally filtered with an eheim echo. :D

Hi hop2it and welcome to the fishroom. Are you planning on totally restocking from scratch or do you want to keep the existing fish? That Jack Dempsey will limit your choices. How big is it?

Have you gone off rainbows? How about adding more of them? What are the fish dying of, just old age? If not, you need to find out what's killing them before you do any restocking.

I think a big tank of gouramis always looks good.

  • Author

Hello and thanks for your replys, I'm not sure what the fish died from, but I did treat the tank for algae and maybe that had some thing to do with it. The Jack is about 12-15cm. I will probably put some more rainbows in I do like them :) I had a black ghost but he passed on before we put the Jack in there(I've posted in fishroom forum and I explained why he is in my tank) What else will live with Jack? I'm going to have a good tidy up in the tank and do a couple of slightly larger than normal water changes over the next few weeks. Then I will be looking to buy some more fish and plants. Does Fee still sell fish? I noticed her list of fish from earlier in the year.

Hi Hop2it,

Highly unlikely that 'algae' killed your fish, unless it was dead decaying algae. More likely the stuff you put in to get rid of it did the damage JMO.

Yep... Fee is still going at Tropical Blues (great place to shop)

Careful with those water changes.... don't 'overdo' it he he.

RE: Black ghosts getting to 2'

yeah.. they can..... But it takes a while supposedly :P I'l actually quite happy to lose all the other fish in the tank, as long as I've got my knife fish :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.