Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grindal Worms

Featured Replies

I have returned: my registration was nuked in a server crash. Had posted a query re obtaining a Grindle worm culture and had received a reply. However all those posts went west as well. So I am asking again - does anyone know where I could obtain a grindal worm culture. LFS staff had never heard of them: how good is that?

  • Author

Grindals are a relative of earthworms but a lot smaller. They are bigger than microworms and smaller than whiteworms: white and 0.5-1mm in length. They have have a high fat content and fish just love them. They induce a scary feeding frenzy when you drop them in the tank :D

My previous culture died out which is a pain. They are easily cultured, magarine pottle with damp potting mix and I fed mine on wheatgerm and room temperature is good enough. Cat bikkies work well to.

Kiwiwulf said...

> ... does anyone know where I could obtain a grindal worm culture.

I've got two cultures at the moment and hope to start some

sub-cultures this weekend. If I find the time, and they take off

as they should, there *should* be some available to people soon.

Andrew.

  • 1 month later...

Kiwiwulf said...

> ... any joy with the Grindal cultures?

Er. No. They're still waiting for me to sub-culture

them. I got as far as sorting out some suitable

containers and then got distracted by other things

(Oh look! A birdie... and there's a plane... isn't that

a nice flower...).

I'll do my best to get some culture started up this

coming weekend. My two cultures are doing well

at the moment though, which is encouraging...

Sorry about the delay.

Andrew.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.