Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

up grade bug

Featured Replies

I like the 1450L x 750W x 700 H tank of Keven's and are going to up grade to the same size as I have the same 2 x 150MH, I am also going to use my 4 x T5 setrup (which I was ment to see to sell to pay for the 150's but I hid them instead) and are assuming this will be enough light. Comments please!!

Sump 900L x 600W x 450H (Keven's new sump size) Hope he does not have a copy right on his measurments.

The question is "closed Loop" I'm thinking 1 x 1260 for sump return and 1 x 1260 too supply 2 x sqiuds all in the sump and 4 x holes across the back of the tank with elbows in differnt directions. Will 1 x 1260 power two squids? Also 1 x streem in tank. Is this enough flow?

I was looking at a quater up from the bottom of the tank or random in the back (2 x high, 2 x low)

Also told the wife (1 week over due with small person) that I can sell my current tank and stand for $500 which will pay for the new tank and home made stand... cost $1200 from Holywood (that is what you do when you are a new salty) (4ft) so do you think I can do it?

plus extra squids and pump ( hide on visa, learned from this site) :lol: all the rest I have.

Will a Deltech 1250 skimmer rated at 1000L do a good job on 900L?

No reactors but zeovit..... (don't stress the zeo..)

1x 1260 is no where near powerfull enough to run 2 SCWDs. I have had 1262s dedicated to them, which worked fine. The SCWD restricts the flow of the pump a great deal.

My personal preference is to plumb EVERYTHING through the bottom. Strength and the practicality of getting it flush against a wall are why.

Pie

  • Author

Pies do recommend having elbows on the bottom or stright out?

Do I need two 1260's ?

That will mean I have three pumps in the sump...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.