Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Possibly wrong silicone

Featured Replies

Hello everyone, Im starting to convert a TV into a fishtank. I am just practicing on a 21" atm but have a 32" which I am hoping will be my master piece.

My problem is that I have bought quite a bit of Silaflex RTV silicone but as I was just about to use one I noticed that the silicone was white and not clear. Will this really matter (by matter, I mean kill all my fish) or do I just use it?

Nic

What does it smell like?

Has it a strong acidic smell, like strong vinegar?

If not, don't use, take it back and swap what you haven't used for

Acetic cure, Clear.

Alan 104

The Silicone that I use is Selleys Glass Silicone Sealant (clear) for windows and aquariums*

from back of lable *Aquariums: Allow to fully cure for 7 days. Prior to usage, thoroughly wash out with water, drain and refill before introducing fish. Suitable for constructiong and repairing small aquariums. Specialist design required for large tanks.

I have used this to reseal the 2.5ft tank that I got as the seal was lifting away from the glass and I didn't want to take my chances of fulling up so I resealed it. No probs so far

I got this for about $8 from Mega Mitre 10 store.

Hope that helps :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.