Blind goldfish???

Caper

I don't know if he is or not! His eyes look the same, as does the rest of his body...no change that I can tell. However, the last few days when I feed them, it's as if he's not seeing the food. I thought maybe I need to get some fresh stuff but even when I fed them their peas he was the same way :-?

If he was indeed blind would I see a "change" in his eyes? Would he be bumping into things??

I don't know much about this Caper except that some goldfish do become blind. They are usually the ones with the 'bulging-out' kinds of eyes though. What sort is this one?

Is he managing to get something to eat? It is always a concern when goldfish aren't their usual selves at food time. They are such enthusiastic eaters!

How exactly is he behaving? Is he excited at food time but just not making contact with the food or does he seem oblivious that the tank is being fed?

MCT

Is he excited at food time but just not making contact with the food

That would be a good way to describe it...now when I fed them this evening he seemed to "find" more before it went to the floor of tank.

Ah...I think he is a "common" goldfish...*runs to get goldfish book*...I get common and comet mixed up :-? :-?

There is nothing that is "visible" in his appearance Caryl to indicate a problem.

I'm really baffled...any ideas what could be causing this, and wonder if it is permanent????

I'm really baffled...any ideas what could be causing this, and wonder if it is permanent

Any ideas?

How would I know if he was getting enough to eat? Would there be any signs to watch for...if he wasn't?