large Quarantine

marinegirl

Thanks for the insite ... did you spend all day thinking of that

such a freindly place

We "are" a friendly place Marinegirl.. but we get the odd member that likes to make comments on posts without any "actual" useful input.

Your post is a little vauge.. as you are from Australia.. so we don't really know if you want the requested items for setting up a room over here.. or on the Gold Coast.

Bill.

i thought it was pretty straight forward question

i want to set up a good size fish room 50+ tanks and just want to know if any one knows of any good links to information for large rigs.. as most people i know dont run 50+ tanks i would consider it large....and sure its not as big as some .. but its a good start

yes im from australia .. does that make a differance ?

I dont understand the politics or school yard mentality i have been shown

i sure as hell dont go around blurting on other peoples threads for the sake of it ...

what is the big deal that i wholesale to business and dont sell to the public

i prefer to sell to a business as they create jobs by employing staff who feed there familys with the money they make from selling my products .....

is this how every business is treated here ? or is this because im australian ?

Hi Marinegirl.

Might I suggest Monaro1 was not insulting you but rather more guilty of what alot of us do here - Answers are a bit brief.

However I reckon Monaro was on the money in that you should be asking your customers what are their requirements - not perhaps idealist hobbyists who have different requirements.

I certainly think your later posts have changed the whole tone of this thread for the worse. Why would anyone feel obliged to divulge commercial information after

The members here are all different and at varying stages of the hobby (or addictiveness as we smtimes refer to it as) some of our ideas or comments are going to be strange to others here. Tolerance is what is required.

I for one wouldn't ask others in a public forum for ideas on how to setup my business - simply for reasons of commercial sensitivity - I will not divuldge commercially sensitive information either. I'm sorry if you feel that this is unfriendly :P

Quarantine requirements in NZ differ from those in Australia marinegirl so, yes, it does make a difference and set-ups may reflect this.

As hobbyists, we do not have quarantine facilities but some have fishrooms with more than 50 tanks. A fishroom layout I am sure would also differ from that of a quarantine room.

You would be best to ring local quarantine facilities and ask there.

I used to have a quantine room with about 50 tanks and was licenced to import. The way it is set up is a very personal thing and relates to the quarantine requirements of your country and the type of quarntine you wish to be involved in. Goldfish, fresh water, marine and plants are all different and may well have to be seperate depending on your national requirements. I personally don't like common filtration systems, others do. I also prefer shallower tanks with a good surface area, others don't. I think you need to decide what you want to do and design something that suits you and your quarantine requirements. Good luck.

it has nothing to do with you being an aussie as im also an aussie, born and bread on the coast, my family still live there.

all i ment is that you teased us with product then dont want to sell it to us.

these forums are for everyone to help each other with the HOBBY, witch we do very well at, but all i have read from you is that you are pushing your business and have not offered any help to anyone.there have been questions about lights that a person in your position would be able to answer with a great deal of knowledge.

sorry if anything i have said has upset you but when you help others you will get a lot of help in return

mark

thank u for the help

i understand there are much differant requirments for setups in aus an nz

but i think its allways a good idea to see what ideas others can have

or sites that others know of ....that have new ideas, photos and diagrams

thanks for the link to the QR for sale

I haven't been around for very long on these forums, so I should probably keep my mouth shut... :-?

I just would like to point out that I haven't come across any posts written with this kind of tone yet:

i sure as hell dont go around blurting on other peoples threads for the sake of it ...

is this how every business is treated here ? or is this because im australian ?

Not very impressed. :roll:

The fact that you're new around here comes to mind - the first impression I personally got is not the best - IMHO. And bear in mind that you are the one asking for advice... So I don't think that any polemic remarks or statements are beneficial for your endeavours.

From what I've seen around here it definitely does not matter who you are, what you plan to do or, more importantly, where you're from.

Hope you find an answer to your query.

Dan

I can understand how an ozzy will feel, having only saucers to drink from..

By the way, I have about 50 tanks at the moment and have been up as high as 200.

Room heated, lights over tanks, but very primitive drainage system, like syphon waste and tip down waste pipe built purposely into the floor.

I have 2 40gallon drums for water storage, and pump from that with an eheim pump, and I use a large Yasunaga air-pump.

Alan 104

ps, did I say I was an oker??

I can understand how an ozzy will feel, having only saucers to drink from..

By the way, I have about 50 tanks at the moment and have been up as high as 200.

Room heated, lights over tanks, but very primitive drainage system, like syphon waste and tip down waste pipe built purposely into the floor.

I have 2 40gallon drums for water storage, and pump from that with an eheim pump, and I use a large Yasunaga air-pump.

Alan 104

ps, did I say I was an oker??

how many ltr is the set up and is it marine or fresh ?

how big are your return pumps ... any photos ?

PS: Point taken monaro

It's all fresh water, and just started out as

"get all those tanks outa the house"!!!!

So the garage became the fishroom/rooms.

Mainly 2 footers, four four footer,s a six, and lotsa small tanks for breeding and raising killies.

I think the the pump is just a 1060 Eheim.

Alan 104

such a freindly place

But it IS Marinegirl. As far as you being from Austrailia, heck, I'm from Canada and they make me feel like part of their extended family :P There are no boundaries, oceans, etc, etc...here just people helping people...okay, and their fishies :D

I think at some point we all like to tease...but not with any intend to hurt someone...so try not to take things personally.

I love coming to this site...I have learned so much (& still learning :-? ), people have been more than helpful...and even when days that I think I just have nothing to smile about...I can come here & not just smile but laugh too!

So...hang in...things will be fine... :P:P

Caper, you could not understand the mentality of a Kiwi or a Kangaroo without being either one.

We are two great nations, IMO, but are so very competitive in almost any field.

Just a shame the Kiwis can't play cricket, but we aren't bad at netball, softball, rugby, league, rowing, yatching, shall I go on??

Their attitude to sport is that if you haven't won, you have lost, not come second or whatever.

In NZ, we have developed a good-feel thingy with "It was good to have competed and tried."

Fraid I'd rather have the Ozzie attitude.

Then they'd have NO cups.

Alan 104

a Kiwi or a Kangaroo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just a Caper Alan :lol: :lol: Oh...wait now...where I grew up, little village called Reserve Mines, I was a "doughnut"...lol..big on nick names and the Livingstones were known as doughnuts because my grandfather had a doughnut shop, many moons ago!

Oh...and what is an "oker"?

An oh yah...I'm not a Kiwi or a Kangaroo...but when I win the lottery...I'm going there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!