Amano's tank at home

Brianemone

Holy cow...or should I say fishies!

That is one huge tank...I wouldn't want to try to clean it :o

A tank that size, you wouldn't be able to do water changes by bucket :lol: I guess you'd have to have some kind of special system for changes wouldn't you?

WOW that is cool! :o:bow::hail::o

Imagine you drop something in there and have to get it out! :lol: Well, I suppose it could be worse if it was a coldwater setup - at least you don't have to worry about the water being cold when you put your bathing shorts on :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 year later...

just browsing though old thread and came across this one. every now and then i update my self on what amano is doin and his "home tank" so i thought i'll share some of what i've found here.

here is a good link to the initial build of the tank [just hover ur mouse over the numbers on the left. http://www.naturacquario.net/amano/all05/

plumbing, the silver canister thing at the back is the UV-C system, the one at the front is CO2

DSC00595.jpg

Over flow

DSC00593.jpg

Sump

DSC00597.jpg

unfortunatly i cant find the link where i found the pics below but its the most recent public pics of the tank. taken mid 2005 the last one 2006 [its been my wall paper ever since]

2005back.jpg

2005top.jpg

20051.jpg

this one is of his pond which really deserve a thread all to itself.

2005homepond.jpg

this is the view from the pond in to the lounge where the tank is

2005pondtolounge.jpg

i think I need one of those in my living room (might have to shift the reef tank over a little bit 8) ) do you want to make me one warren??? :D i'll pay for the silicon :lol: (thats would set me back a couple of hundred though I presume!)