Hi from Havelock North

Zev

We are building a new home, and will finally have enough room to have a large-ish fishtank.

So we are gathering information, and find your forums a good source of info and helpful advice.

We have three kids and too many cats..

Hi Zev,

Welcome to FNZAS, this is a great forum, with lots fo knowledgeable people here to answer all of your questions.

I too am building a new home and have kids (4 boys) and to many cats, 4 to be exact, but they are all lovely, yes I mean the kids and the cats. :D:D

Anyways Happy Fishing. :bounce: :bounce:

Lynda

Hi Zev,

Welcome to FNZAS, this is a great forum, with lots fo knowledgeable people here to answer all of your questions.

I too am building a new home and have kids (4 boys) and to many cats, 4 to be exact, but they are all lovely, yes I mean the kids and the cats. :D:D

Anyways Happy Fishing. :bounce: :bounce:

Lynda

Hi Lyndyloo

We have three girls and err... seven cats at the moment. Five are kittens which we will rehome in three weeks when they are big enough to leave their mum. Gee, sometimes I wish you could give your kids away at six or seven weeks, especially during the school holidays!

I think a 12 meter tank is a bit ambitious for a first tank! I can only imagine how big the filtration pump would have to be, and what sort of noise it would make. We'd probably have to sleep in the shed to get away from the racket!

They say the bigger the tank the easier it is to keep, as the water parameters and that sort of thing are alot more stable.

Would love to have a hugh tank like that. I got a 4ftr at the moment, but would love to set up a Discus and a Marine tank one day.

Don't stress, :lol: :lol: School holidays nearly over. :hail::hail:

Lynda

Yeah, I'm a student at Canterbury, going back on Friday. My parents just moved to Hastings - but hopefully will be moving the house back to Havelock.

Havelock North is a really nice place, (especially compared to where I live in Chch :D )

Cant say I'd like to be buying property in HN, ridiculous prices everywhere. :o , luckily we were just able to buy a section before the boom.