Ah heck, I'll share too...

Faran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so I moved the second pair of discus over to the breeding tank after pretty much giving up on the first pair ever getting it figured out. The second pair had ALMOST gotten it right in the comm tank and the fry were eaten shortly after going free swimming and I thought mom and dad were to blame. Well, they've gone all the way this time and I have a nic batch of 20-40 fry on mom and dad going on 48 hours since free swimming. VERY exciting. Now that I see how far the little buggers wander around the tank I'm not blaming mom and dad at ALL. Just wish they'd be a little more wary of the yunguns during feeding time. Looks like a Roadrunner cartoon with mom and dad dashing to the front of the tank leaving a cloud of fry behind.

So hoping things are going well for you, rather stoked over here. Oh, the parents are these fellas - normal_breeding_pair_2_spawn_1_web.jpg

- and both have coloured up since then a bit but mating colours have wiped that out at present.

Mom is a RSGT X Royal Red from Dogmatix and dad is a "Red Turq" from Discusguru.

Wonder what the kids will look like... here's dad with a shoal of fry -

FreeSwimminSpawn1Day2web.jpg