January 1, 200620 yr comment_81990 I want to start breeding for colour but have no virgins, how long will I have to keep the females I want to use seperated? Same question for Platties if anybody knows. Report
January 1, 200620 yr comment_82004 Hiya. The female guppy stores the males sperm and can fetilize up to 3 more broods after mating.Hope that helps. What i normaly do is just wait for afew months and if she doesnt show any signs of being pregnate then she needs more male company to have another lot. Report
January 1, 200620 yr comment_82006 I've read reports of 5 or 6 batches of young with no males presant Report
January 2, 200620 yr comment_82008 what ive heard is that once they've breed once thats it for them in terms of being able to bring true to the new male 100% of the time. Report
January 2, 200620 yr comment_82014 thats why you need virgin females, as you have no way of knowing whether the female is breeding 100% true. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.