Calling Christchurch Fish Lovers

Fatman

I need to hear from anybody in the cantabury region who may be interested in being the founding members of a Cantabury fish society/club/group/bunch/gaggle/school/flock,, pick one :D

Any comments or thoughts on the subject may be emailed to me directly at [email protected].

If I can get enuff interest, flyers will be sent ot shops to try and get a bit of interest going and hopefully a few members together for a bit of a fun and an informative time for all.

Any comments welcome

Terry

Having helped set up the Marlborough Club, any help I can offer just let me know. I am happy to give a talk at the inaugural meeting etc. I can also design and print advertising posters if you want.

He knows the other group exists Warren :D

Best of luck.

There is already a Canterbury Aquarium and Pond Society (CAPS).

I know there is but they are not very active and after talking with quite a few others I have decided to form a second and hopefully more active group of fishy people.

And Caryl thanks for the offer and will call on you in due course for your help,,

Thats if I dont get to many bad and negative comments to make me dump the whole idea of the club completly

Don't let the negatives put you off. Clubs seem to attract negatives who are never happy no matter what you do or criticise everything you try to instigate. The worst (don't hit me here) seem to be cat and dog clubs where there is a lot of competition and backstabbing. Fishkeepers aren't so bad (probably because we don't have the competitive bits too often) but there are always one or two in a club ready to whinge.

Not so, not so you horrible person, well maybe, but only with breed-shows and some obedience shows. 8) 8)

Realistically, yes you will get negatives. You just have to ignore them and they eventually go away. If you can't swing a bit of new life into the current CHCH club I guess you'll have to create a new one. What I can't believe is, with 300,000 or so people in the CHCH area the only FNZAS club registered has 7 current members. CHCH has to be able to better than that. Our local club has about 65 and we are draw from approx 100,000 people. A pretty poor yield admittedly, can't figure out why no-one has any commitment these days. Still, those of use who are members have a great time.

The negative people can go and find somthing else to complain about, I have been known to be thick skinned and according to the guys at work thick headed as well :D

CHCH area the only FNZAS club registered has 7 current members.

well lets just say i have spoken to a few people and they are intersted in starting a seperate group, ( ive beed trying to type somthing PC here but words fail me at the moment , proberly a thick head moment :wink::wink: )

With the amount of people who i see in the fish shops here im shure there will be a bit of interest if they are approached and I know of 2 shops that are intersted in suporting as well.

Thanks for your comments, I aprecieate them all

Terry

Fatman I am certainly interested. I know of couple of others down here in Mid Canterbury that are keen too. Just let me know when / where the first meeting is. We have thought of beginning a club down here - however ...............................Christchurch is only an hours drive away. :wink:

Goldie and Fatman - you should both start a club in your area then you will be able to visit each other's clubs, have inter-club competitions and joint activities now and then. It may also perk up the existing Canterbury club and you would have 3 to interact! There are certainly enough people in Canterbury to support that many clubs, you just have to attract, and keep, their interest.

Marlborough would certainly endeavour to visit too, if invited, :D as we have no other clubs near us.

OK Caryl ......... good point Please contact me re the startingof new club. sighhhhhhh I will make time toDO something and not just wait for someone else.

Fatman I am still interested and maybe we can suport each other to get the club etc going. pm me if you wish.