Killies and Bristlenoses

PENEJANE

are killies and bristlenoses ok together? I have a number of young bn's and I don't want to put them back into the main tank where the parents are.

So will the bn's hurt the eggs or do they stress out killies? I don't want to have killies in a tank where they will be stressed :D

Cheers

Killies don't protect their eggs so they wont be distressed in that way other than they have missed on the meal themselves.

May stress you tho as you wil have to compete with them for the eggs.

Best to have a "special" designated tank for the breeding.

The mix would be okay for rearing (raring ???) them together and conditioning.

Alan 104

So for a spawning mop I use the cheap wool? The wool that is able to go in the dryer with out shrinking lol. Would a dark green or blue be ok? The tank I have set up has gravel, plants and a small piece of driftwood. Would it be best if I removed all of this?

What is the best way for picking the eggs off?

I find that plants help keep algae breakouts at bay but thats just my opinion :D

Cheers

• 8 months later...

If it is for killies Dan that is ok.

Jus when you do your vaccing of the tank, put it thru a sieve to catch any eggs that may have been deposited in the gravel.

Also provide floating indian fern or riccia for any babies that do hatch, to hide in.

Alan 104