Hex Tank and polishing acrylic

Feelers

Well, I managed to get this nice 62L hex tank for free from my friends parents who were about to throw it out. Just wondering if you guys could help me make it look a little tidier.

It has been sanded and I want to know if I can get it back to the brand new acrylic luster? Any suggestions? I tried a drill polisher but that didnt do anything.

tankphoto1.jpg

tankphoto2.jpg

tankphoto3.jpg

Are there any shops that would do polishing on things like this I could ask?

And would anyone hazzard a geuss to what it would be worth? :D

Cheers guys.

Only just saw this post sorry. We polish out scratches with wet and dry sandpaper only when scratches are deep enough to catch on your finger nail. Then you can use brasso and lots of elbow grease! Another alternative is to get hold of a buffer and buffering compound and once again it will take a bit of time but will come out like new.

Only just saw this post sorry. We polish out scratches with wet and dry sandpaper only when scratches are deep enough to catch on your finger nail. Then you can use brasso and lots of elbow grease! Another alternative is to get hold of a buffer and buffering compound and once again it will take a bit of time but will come out like new.

Like the one you put on the end of a grinder??

You could probably rig one from warehouse tools maybe??

Just thought I'd update how its going.

Well, my dad had some auto car cutting cream stuff, which worked really well for the unsanded sides. The other sides are a lot better than they were, but I think I need a w/d paper higher than 400 which is what I've got. My dad also has a drill attachment thats a buffer/sander, but on one side where I sanded with that is worse than the others :lol: . Will try again, its looking better than it was anyways. But I think the finer w/d is gonna solve the problems.