dwarf cichlids

Grizzly

I've gotta 1 apple snail, 1 male agassizi, 2 fem's, 1 male betta, 3 fems, 3 albino cory's, 3 comon b/ns, 1 gba, 4 pepper cory's, 1 male guppie and 4 fem's in my 2 footer. I notice some of the females get abit toe from time to time but rarely does the male go after anything.

I've had more of a problem with my latest male betta munching one of the 2 half black male guppies in half (he died). I did have 2 blue steel males, Shae could tell you what exactly they were, and they hasteld everything in the 3 footer. I got rid of one when I had to transfer them n2 the 2 footer.

As far as breeding goes I picked up my new male agissizi on a thursday, friday I had eggs (that's when I had to strip the 3 footer...3 year old boy tried to "feed the fishys") I haven't had eggs since but it's only been a week or so.

I havent kept any of the other dwarfs but intend to at some point.

I agree with you Grizzly about the appearance of the 'golds'.

Another example of man's ineptitude at altering something that didn't need changing.

Also there is a cost factor too.

Why pay out good $$$ for deformed fish.

I vote for the Blues.

They are cheaper that your other choices too.

By the way.

That's not the Auck. rugger team either.

Alan 104

While a member of the Waikato AS, we went on a trip to Auck and there visited a woman out towards the west who bred golds.

They were not deformed as these are tho.

I don't have the contact details, but maybe Dave does.

I don't know if she is still into it either.

Alan

NZKA 104

Does anyone know of a good place to buy dwarf cichlids?

I am after Rams or cockatoo's I used to breed both but since getting back into the hobby a while ago seem unable to find anything but rams.

Are there any breeders in Auckland preferable out west?

I have checked out hollywood and they have some good fish but only rams which I do want but again I would prefer to support a local breeder..

Anyway if anyone knows of any let me know

Thank