Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

terracotta pots

Featured Replies

Hi all,

Does anybody know whether ordinary orange terricotta pots leach any dyes or other possibly harmful chemicals when placed in an aquarium?

I cut a pot straight down the middle to form 2 'golden arches' :lol: , no wait orange arches one of which I cut the bottom off so it has two entrances, this exposed more unfinished surfaces than an uncut pot would have although the pot wasn't sealed with any waterproof cpds.

Any ideas if this will be safe for caves in a breeding tank? Or should I have purchased some other type of pot that didn't cost $0.89 from The Warehouse, maybe the next size up $0.99! :D:D

Later alligators,

Kriber :)

I have heard warnings about some terracotta but have never heard, or had myself, any problems with them and I have used a fair number of them over the years. The only ones I would break for the purpose would be cheap Warehouse ones! :lol:

Perhaps some of your more expensive fishes might prefer the upmarket $0.99c model. :lol:

I used a terracotta pot for my Kribs. I cut mine about 80% and used the left over portion as a partial cover over the entrance. This gave them plenty of privacy. Worked too! Too damm well maybe. Got more Kribs than I can point a stick at. :lol:

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.