Angel fish and Discus?

flash_liam

Hi all :)

I'm now setting up my second tank (MTS kicking in quite nicely), it's a 150 litre 3ft (quite tall) with a fancy cannister filter.

I had been thinking of having electric yellows but I've decided to go for fish which prefer low pH water (we are on rain water which is usually about 6.4).

I had been thinking about getting either Discus or Angels, and then a Pleco to keep the bottom tidy :)

So first I was wondering if you can keep them together (Discus and Angels), and second I was wondering if the tank is big enough to have 4 of each? I gather they grow to be quite big...

Maybe I need a third tank :wink:

I personally would not keep angels and discus together as angels tend to give the discus worms which is not what you want.

Others may say otherwise and have had angels and discus together with no problems.

Your choice really. but I think a tank full of only discus looks so much better.

Discus and angels can't be kept together as the angels carry parisites that don't affect them be will cause endless problems with the discus. 4 of 1 or the other would be ok in a tank that size but even besides the reason above 4 of both would be pushing it, Discus are very messy fish but like very clean water

Agree with Wok and Suphew. With a 150ltr tank you can grow up to 10 baby/juvinile discus with good filtration and frequent waterchange. As for adult discus 4 max. if you are a begginer. Sometimes I put 30 - 40 fish in a 3ft tank with Daily 80% waterchange and fish are healthy and growing like mad. Angel and Discus = Trouble.

Cheers,

Ron