tank colour.

tel

just scraping the last of the back paint off my new tank as the paint job wasnt good enough for me. :evil: i had planned on black but ended up going ocean blue.blue seems to dominate and i havent seen a picture of an established black tank.does anyone know where to find one or could post a pic?thanks.

Here's quite a nice black background. Shame you have to look through 8 feet of water to see it though :D

the depth of perspective makes it look awesome.i was initially thinking black but at only 600(on mine) thought it may look abit dead?

I've tried both, blue looks better to me. Not to mention more realistic. My freshwater is black, and i'd go black again, but it doesn't look right to me. Doesn't make much difference after 2 weeks of algae growing on it anway (Oregon Reef has access to the back of his tank).

Pieman

I have got black material on the back of all my tanks now. Easy to remove if i get sick of the colour. Plus i think it gives better depth to the tank. Mind you my frshwater tanks are heavily planted which helps. The marine tank i am setting up at the moment will be black material.