Ow! Man marine tanks are dangerous...

Ira

Last time it was bristleworms that got me, this time it was my hammer coral! Noone told me hammer corals sting!

Picked up 15 KG of base rock today.:) I think I can safely say I'm fully stocked on rock, tank's about as full up as I want it to be and about 10KG went into the sump.

getting a fire coral. Not even sure what they look like

if you like a couple pieces let me know! the sting isn't to bad, you will get used to it. :lol: my bali fire anemone is the real stinger. picked it up once and touched my upper arm with tha hand held the anemone. ouchh had blisters that lsated a few days (big and watery) and scars for quite a few weeks and i am not a skin sensitive guy when it comes to coral stings. :D

I still think the worst is when you go to pick up a rock and a bristle worm stalk goes right up under your finger nail then snaps off the rock.then when you try and remove it it breaks in half.The dam things hurt for days and get all pussed up. :evil:

It was getting me on the tops of my fingers, pretty thin skin there, I guess.

Just noticed, I don't know if anyone remembers I had a maze brain that was practically dead and has been for the last 6 months or so, about a month ago I noticed there are actually a few little patches on it alive and a handful of I guess mouths...One of the patches that's maybe half an inch tall by an inch wide is sending out some inch long streamers.:)

Ouch :o

How come you have to put your hand in? Is it only if your adding something? :oops: I thought saltwater tanks with all the "things" that you have to do with them skimmers, refuge thingys...that you didn't have to go "in" the tanks?

Sorry...only drool over these tanks...but don't know anything about them other than what I read here...and most of it is like reading another language :o:o

Eek! Did a round of tests yesterday and they're way off! Been neglecting the testing for way too long, obviously. Calcium around 350 and KH was just under 6 (Don't have the exact numbers, I'm at work) Obviously my putting kalk into the topoff container isn't keeping up. I've mixed up a 2L bottle with some kalk(And magnesium) and been putting that into the tank every 3-4 hours I'll test it tomorrow and see what effect it's had.