If you have baby bristlenose.. keep a lid on the tank!

misnoma

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony, nice to see you in the fishroom 8)

I haven't lost and bristlenoses but I did once have a lidded breeding trap floating in the main tank and have one of those Chinese algae eaters leap up on top. Of course, once up there he ran out of moisture so stuck to the lid. By the time I found him (I had noticed him missing but a search had been unsuccessful) he was a dried up stick under the lights. It took me a few minutes to click what the stick actually was!

Hi Caryl

I once had a synadontus 3 spot, he was really good at cleaning up those damned little snails that seen to infest the tanks, I would drop a heavily infested clump of spawning moss into his tank and next day it was all opened up and clear of snails. But he ran out of food and decided to hop out of his tank and on to the floor in the fishroom one night, found him next day dried out and stuck to the floor, quite dead.

the first Port hoplo cat we had was caught by one of the cats who liked fishing. the cat was playing with him oin the floor when we found it. poor Grizzly looked like a dry turd. :cry: well, we chucked him back in the tank and after a little while he began swimming around like normal again. apparently they are able to breath air. lucky him :D